Main Menu

ABU Wear Test

Started by winterg, December 11, 2015, 05:44:27 PM

-_adrian_-

http://tacticalgear.com/tg-outrider-sage  those are 80 bucks. I will find some more though.

bjf_55

Quote from: lordmonar on March 15, 2016, 04:04:03 PM
That all depends on what you mean by "junk".

If I got to get my 12 year old into boots that he/she is gonna out grow in a year.....I'll take the $50 junkers please.
If you are talking about me......I will spend the $150 to get a "good" pair that will last me for 10 years.

So there you go.

Also....do you got a link to those cheap sage green boots?

http://www.511tactical.com/atac-8-sage-boot.html

-_adrian_-

Quote from: bjf_55 on March 15, 2016, 04:25:29 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on March 15, 2016, 04:04:03 PM
That all depends on what you mean by "junk".

If I got to get my 12 year old into boots that he/she is gonna out grow in a year.....I'll take the $50 junkers please.
If you are talking about me......I will spend the $150 to get a "good" pair that will last me for 10 years.

So there you go.

Also....do you got a link to those cheap sage green boots?

http://www.511tactical.com/atac-8-sage-boot.html
That's actually perfect. The 5.11 A.T.A.C. boots are great quality and only 50 bucks right now. Thanks bjf_55.

NIN

You got me all excited, and then:

Only sizes available are 4-7 and 11.5.

Yep
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

-_adrian_-

Quote from: NIN on March 15, 2016, 05:17:58 PM

Yep
Sorry about that. http://tacticalgear.com/tg-outrider-sage

bjf_55

Quote from: NIN on March 15, 2016, 05:17:58 PM

Yep

Was in the web special email I got from 511, sorry didn't check the availability.

Spam

"Now look, everybody, heres what we'll do: the letter will submit to SAF, the door to ABUs will not be open yet, but we will notify the membership to not purchase anythi - HEY, SAGE BOOTS CHEAP!!! - LEEEROOOOOOOYYY,   JENKINSSSSS" (online purchase firestorm ensues)...

(grin)

V/R
Spam

goblin

Quote from: Spam on March 15, 2016, 06:04:18 PM
"Now look, everybody, heres what we'll do: the letter will submit to SAF, the door to ABUs will not be open yet, but we will notify the membership to not purchase anythi - HEY, SAGE BOOTS CHEAP!!! - LEEEROOOOOOOYYY,   JENKINSSSSS" (online purchase firestorm ensues)...

(grin)

V/R
Spam

This is perfect.

NIN

Quote from: Spam on March 15, 2016, 06:04:18 PM

(grin)

I wondered how long it was going to be
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Al Sayre

FWIW, Bargain Outfitters is going out of business in about a month (April 5th), and they have boatloads of combat & tactical boots so you may be able to get a deal:
Mens: http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net/browse/mens-boots-shoes-combat-tactical-boots.aspx?c=11&s=370
Womens: http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net/browse/womens-boots-shoes-combat-tactical-boots.aspx?c=43&s=370
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Luis R. Ramos

What will members do when they rush to get these specials  and SAF says "No?"

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

lordmonar

Well.....then shame on them.   

They have been told to wait.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Garibaldi

They're out $______ and lesson learned.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

SkywalkerRA

I foresee numerous listings in marketplace: "For sale-sage green boots. Good price. Never used."

NIN

Quote from: SkywalkerRA on March 15, 2016, 11:16:28 PM
I foresee numerous listings in marketplace: "For sale-sage green boots. Good price. Never used."

Good things come to those who wait
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

-_adrian_-

Quote from: NIN on March 16, 2016, 12:01:58 AM

Unless you wait too long and miss a opportunity.

SkywalkerRA

Quote from: -_adrian_- on March 16, 2016, 12:34:47 AM
Quote from: NIN on March 16, 2016, 12:01:58 AM

Unless you wait too long and miss a opportunity.

The secret is knowing when it's a real opportunity and when it's just an opportunity to waste money. I suppose that threshold will be different for all. In the meantime, black boots it is.

USACAP

SAREXinNY

Is there even talk about authorizing the sage boots? (I'm seriously asking, not being sarcastic)

Last I knew that wasn't even on the table.

(edited for grammar, because I can't type)

RogueLeader

Not that I've ever heard. I heard that they were specifically excluded from the proposal.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340