Main Menu

ABU Wear Test

Started by winterg, December 11, 2015, 05:44:27 PM

Ned

Quote from: USACAP on March 10, 2016, 12:27:04 AM
The CAP weight standard is entirely 1 dimensional though.
Well, to be fair, it is two-dimensional.   8)  (Height and weight)

QuoteYou can't eyeball me and calculate my bodyfat % nor my weight.

Actually, most people can do a fair job in estimating weight.  ("The man that robbed me was about 5-10 and weighed about 185 . . . ")  We do it all the time.  But I certainly agree that it is never going to be precise, and that some people are not very good at estimating weight.

QuoteI am ~30lbs over the weight for my height but sit @ 17% bodyfat.
Have never been asked to step on a scale for CAP and never would.

And if you are wearing corporates, I can't imagine why anyone would ever ask you about your weight, let alone ask you step on a scale.  Maybe I'm missing your point.
QuoteH/W isn't the full measure of how the USAF (or the .mil) computes fitness and bodyfat ...
Unless CAP members take the whole test and comply with all of the Air Force Physical Fitness Requirements ... you rely on 1 screening factor.

Absolutely true.  We don't have calipers, dunk tanks, PT tests, or weight control programs.  We don't have everyone stand around in their underwear twice a year to be weighed and taped.  Absolutely.

But what we do have is a simple, easy to administer H/W screening table approved by our AF colleagues.

Which, as you point out, is what we rely on.

Again, maybe I'm not seeing your point.

Toth

25 pages folks. Go CAPTalk.
SM Toth Mendius, CAP
C/CC RMR-MT-053 (ret.), RMR Ass't Rep NCAC (ret.)
Mitchell #65174, Earhart #17361
GES, ♦ICUT, ♦FLM, GTM3, UDF, SET, MS, MRO, EMT, *GTM2

lordmonar

Quote from: Toth on March 10, 2016, 04:21:44 AM
And you are adding to the post count.   
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Гугл переводчик

And I'm going to be "That Guy." and talk more about it.  >:D

One of our senior members picked something up on base, and the AF folks told him "Oh, you're with Civil Air Patrol? Here we have something for you!" And proceeds to give him a box of ABU's.
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

lordmonar

The Airman's attic at Nellis has been trying to give us ABUs for the last two years.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Paul Creed III

Quote from: lordmonar on March 10, 2016, 05:06:25 AM
The Airman's attic at Nellis has been trying to give us ABUs for the last two years.

Up until a couple months ago, we were getting piles and piles of ABUs left at our office door; I'd just haul them over to our Airman's Attic. The last batch dropped off, we kept in supply.

We just had a Jeep-full of BDUs donated to us from a local AFJROTC who completed their transition to ABUs.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

jeders

Only 10 pages by my count, we can do better.  >:D
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

winterg

Quote from: jeders on March 10, 2016, 01:56:14 PM

Only 10 pages by my count, we can do better.  >:D
49 pages on TapaTalk.  :)

There's a strange satisfaction when a topic you started goes for this long on CapTalk without getting locked!

Angus

Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on March 10, 2016, 04:54:02 AM

One of our senior members picked something up on base, and the AF folks told him "Oh, you're with Civil Air Patrol? Here we have something for you!" And proceeds to give him a box of ABU's.

Hardly proof as you've seen other units have had the same happen to them.  They might just be assuming that we've got the ok to wear them.  I still say Ma Blue won't give it's approval any time soon if ever. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

jeders

Quote from: Member Who on March 10, 2016, 02:03:10 PM
Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on March 10, 2016, 04:54:02 AM

Hardly proof as you've seen other units have had the same happen to them.  They might just be assuming that we've got the ok to wear them.  I still say Ma Blue won't give it's approval any time soon if ever.

Again, have you even read the thread?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Angus

I've read enough there have been wear tests and now it's in the hands of Air Force for final approval.  A wear test doesn't prove that we will be approved to get the uniform.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Garibaldi

Quote from: Member Who on March 10, 2016, 02:18:34 PM
I've read enough there have been wear tests and now it's in the hands of Air Force for final approval.  A wear test doesn't prove that we will be approved to get the uniform.

*DING DING DING* Don Pardo, tell him what he's won!

Well, Pat, he's won a lifetime supply of Rice-a-Roni, that San Francisco treat, a year's supply of Turtle Wax, and for the discriminating gentleman, a three to five year wait for those coveted ABUs. Thank you for playing!
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Chappie

Quote from: Garibaldi on March 10, 2016, 02:24:51 PM

Well, Pat, he's won a lifetime supply of Rice-a-Roni, that San Francisco treat, a year's supply of Turtle Wax, and for the discriminating gentleman, a three to five year wait for those coveted ABUs. Thank you for playing!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

almostspaatz

I'm just glad people remember Don Pardo....  :clap:
C/Maj Steve Garrett

ProdigalJim

Yeah but we forgot the Eskimo Pie...
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Гугл переводчик

Quote from: almostspaatz on March 10, 2016, 10:17:58 PM

I'm just glad people remember Don Pardo....  :clap:

Who?  :angel:
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

winterg

almostspaatz

"Let me google that for you..."

never gets old  >:D
C/Maj Steve Garrett

winterg

LMGTFY is my favorite site!

Luis R. Ramos

STILL does not say anything!

Mentions lots of shows he worked. But no details.

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer