Main Menu

ABU Wear Test

Started by winterg, December 11, 2015, 05:44:27 PM

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on March 09, 2016, 12:43:07 AM
A uniform cannot be disrespected as it is not a living thing.

However other uniform users can. Whenever you wear uniforms improperly, you disrespect others. But not the uniform itself...

The Air Force uniform means and represents something more mere organizational clothing and anyone who's served knows that.

Luis R. Ramos

Aww man, aren't you gonna let me off easily...?
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

stillamarine

Quote from: Storm Chaser on March 09, 2016, 05:40:33 AM

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on March 09, 2016, 12:43:07 AM
A uniform cannot be disrespected as it is not a living thing.

However other uniform users can. Whenever you wear uniforms improperly, you disrespect others. But not the uniform itself...

The Air Force uniform means and represents something more mere organizational clothing and anyone who's served knows that.

I served. For a fairly good bit of time. Couple combat zones. To me its just clothing. There's a difference between some out of standards CAP member and stolen valor or some other junk that is really disrespecting the uniform. By hey that's me.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Garibaldi on March 08, 2016, 07:21:15 PM

It flows downhill, sir.  This is why I hung up the BDUs except for mission critical...missions. Polo/tactical slacks for me until the 40 pounds I want to lose are gone for good. Perhaps we can set the tone...

Huh?

You're either within H/W, or you're not. I too can fit into my old BDUs. Doesn't mean I do, because I'm about 40lbs away from the mark. The solution is BBDUs.

Garibaldi

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on March 09, 2016, 04:14:47 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on March 08, 2016, 07:21:15 PM

It flows downhill, sir.  This is why I hung up the BDUs except for mission critical...missions. Polo/tactical slacks for me until the 40 pounds I want to lose are gone for good. Perhaps we can set the tone...

Huh?

You're either within H/W, or you're not. I too can fit into my old BDUs. Doesn't mean I do, because I'm about 40lbs away from the mark. The solution is BBDUs.
I don't really LOOK like I'm out of compliance, except for the front-mount food storage/dessication unit. I've seen members further out of compliance than me who squeeze into a FDU or BDUs, and I am not going to be one of them anymore. When I've lost sufficient weight, I'll be back to BDUs. Until then, it's polo and tac pants.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

NIN

Quote from: Garibaldi on March 09, 2016, 06:00:20 PM
I don't really LOOK like I'm out of compliance, except for the front-mount food storage/dessication unit. I've seen members further out of compliance than me who squeeze into a FDU or BDUs, and I am not going to be one of them anymore. When I've lost sufficient weight, I'll be back to BDUs. Until then, it's polo and tac pants.

How many members say "I don't really LOOK out of compliance" or "I carry it well."?

Here, let me raise my hand. 

When I was ~225 lbs, I said that same thing. The hint is: I didn't.

the height/weight standards are a number.  You're x high, you need to weigh less than z weight.

Not "Well, if you don't look out of compliance, you can continue to wear the uniform."

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Angus

So instead of starting another thread I'll ask my question here.  Why are the ABU discussions kicking up again?  I thought we weren't getting it until you know where freezes over. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

NIN

Quote from: Member Who on March 09, 2016, 07:30:12 PM
So instead of starting another thread I'll ask my question here.  Why are the ABU discussions kicking up again?  I thought we weren't getting it until you know where freezes over.

Did you even read the thread?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Angus

Not the whole thing since it dates back to December, I don't have that much time. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Luis R. Ramos

Read it, your question will be answered.

to whet your interest, we MIGHT!
Squadron Safety Officer

NIN

Go back to about page 14
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Angus

Quote from: NIN on March 09, 2016, 08:15:30 PM
Go back to about page 14

Thanks that at least makes it a little easier.  So this all kicks up cause of Wikipedia.  Groovy.  While yes there has been wear-testing I still highly doubt we'll get ABU's any time soon if ever.
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Member Who on March 09, 2016, 08:32:22 PM
Go back to about page 14

Thanks that at least makes it a little easier.  So this all kicks up cause of Wikipedia.  Groovy.  While yes there has been wear-testing I still highly doubt we'll get ABU's any time soon if ever.

NIN

Quote from: Member Who on March 09, 2016, 08:32:22 PM
Go back to about page 14

Did you actually *read* the thread?

Cuz it sounds like you skimmed it and all you got was "Wikipedia"

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Al Sayre

Quote from: Member Who on March 09, 2016, 07:30:12 PM

The devil has been turning up his thermostat lately...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

THRAWN

Why take the time to read when all that does it take time away from complaining about not having time to read?
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Luis R. Ramos

Not only complaining about "no time to read" but one well-intentioned member will repeat what has been posted earlier...
Squadron Safety Officer

Garibaldi

Quote from: NIN on March 09, 2016, 07:03:21 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on March 09, 2016, 06:00:20 PM

How many members say "I don't really LOOK out of compliance" or "I carry it well."?

Here, let me raise my hand. 

When I was ~225 lbs, I said that same thing. The hint is: I didn't.

the height/weight standards are a number.  You're x high, you need to weigh less than z weight.

Not "Well, if you don't look out of compliance, you can continue to wear the uniform."

Not sure if you are supporting or refuting my position...all I know is I'm 240 @ 5'7", so the AF style is staying in the closet. Addendum: including missions.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

USACAP

The CAP weight standard is entirely 1 dimensional though.
You can't eyeball me and calculate my bodyfat % nor my weight.
I am ~30lbs over the weight for my height but sit @ 17% bodyfat.
Have never been asked to step on a scale for CAP and never would.
H/W isn't the full measure of how the USAF (or the .mil) computes fitness and bodyfat ...
Unless CAP members take the whole test and comply with all of the Air Force Physical Fitness Requirements ... you rely on 1 screening factor.
I suppose most people who can't "make weight" are just soft around the middle and don't have a 600lb deadlift.

You're either within H/W, or you're not.
I too can fit into my old BDUs. Doesn't mean I do, because I'm about 40lbs away from the mark. The solution is BBDUs.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: USACAP on March 10, 2016, 12:27:04 AM
The CAP weight standard is entirely 1 dimensional though.
You can't eyeball me and calculate my bodyfat % nor my weight.
I am ~30lbs over the weight for my height but sit @ 17% bodyfat.
Have never been asked to step on a scale for CAP and never would.
H/W isn't the full measure of how the USAF (or the .mil) computes fitness and bodyfat ...
Unless CAP members take the whole test and comply with all of the Air Force Physical Fitness Requirements ... you rely on 1 screening factor.
I suppose most people who can't "make weight" are just soft around the middle and don't have a 600lb deadlift.

You're either within H/W, or you're not.
I too can fit into my old BDUs. Doesn't mean I do, because I'm about 40lbs away from the mark. The solution is BBDUs.

That's cool, but that's the way the reg is written, and our core value of integrity dictates that you follow the reg, whether or not you think it will be enforced.