Main Menu

ABU Wear Test

Started by winterg, December 11, 2015, 05:44:27 PM

Shieldel

Quote from: lordmonar on March 01, 2016, 12:29:07 AM
Quote from: Shieldel on March 01, 2016, 12:27:40 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on February 29, 2016, 11:22:23 PM
Yep

I'm gonna recommend to my wing commander to not allow patch.  Just rank and badges. 

YMMV

I'll bring it to CAC. I'm still Nellis Comp's CAC Rep. I can bring that up at the upcoming meeting if you'd like
No need.  I'm the Wing Command NCO.....:)

I keep forgetting these things. BAHAHA. I'm saying to myself "C'mon Scheidle you JUST dealt with Sgt this last weekend at the SAREX!" -facepalm-
Formerly 2d Lt Michael D. Scheidle
Formerly Jack Schofield Cadet Squadron
Member of PCR-NV070, 069, 802 throughout my CAP Career
Former CAP Member 2011-2018

GaryJSO

Quote from: THRAWN on February 29, 2016, 02:41:55 PM
Quote from: GaryJSO on February 29, 2016, 02:27:31 PM
The heck with all that, let's get to the real question everybody has on their mind:

Will we be able to wear our WWII vintage wings on the ABU?

I think they will, because they wouldn't want Vanguard to miss a chance to gouge us another $8 a pop for an item costs them 75¢ to make.

Nobody said that you HAVE TO wear them anyway. Some of us prefer that you didn't....

I wouldn't wear the vintage wings if NHQ offered a stipend for doing it.  Pay $12.50 (+S&H) for something that looks more like an Argentianian parachutist badge than US pilot wings, just to put on a light blue shirt I wear maybe every two months, and after 31 Dec 16 will go into the shoebox with all the stuff I actually earned instead of bought just to participate in a marketing gimmick?  Not.

But thanks for the smile; it's always amusing when people take the time to state in writing they are too dense to pick up on really obvious satire.

THRAWN

Quote from: GaryJSO on March 01, 2016, 01:01:09 AM
Quote from: THRAWN on February 29, 2016, 02:41:55 PM
Quote from: GaryJSO on February 29, 2016, 02:27:31 PM
The heck with all that, let's get to the real question everybody has on their mind:

Will we be able to wear our WWII vintage wings on the ABU?

I think they will, because they wouldn't want Vanguard to miss a chance to gouge us another $8 a pop for an item costs them 75¢ to make.

Nobody said that you HAVE TO wear them anyway. Some of us prefer that you didn't....

I wouldn't wear the vintage wings if NHQ offered a stipend for doing it.  Pay $12.50 (+S&H) for something that looks more like an Argentianian parachutist badge than US pilot wings, just to put on a light blue shirt I wear maybe every two months, and after 31 Dec 16 will go into the shoebox with all the stuff I actually earned instead of bought just to participate in a marketing gimmick?  Not.

But thanks for the smile; it's always amusing when people take the time to state in writing they are too dense to pick up on really obvious satire.

It is even more amusing when people prove that they are classless instead of leaving us all to just guess...keep the personal attacks to yourself.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

abdsp51

Quote from: USACAP on February 29, 2016, 11:50:30 PM
The USAF brass intends to end up in Multicam/Skorpion-OCP.

Cite because everything I have heard and seen says ABUs are here to stay for a long time.

goblin

Quote from: abdsp51 on March 01, 2016, 01:18:03 AM

Cite because everything I have heard and seen says ABUs are here to stay for a long time.

Second this

USACAP

PEO Soldier inside baseball. Nothing to cite but snarky emails.

Doesn't really matter to this CAP discussion, I suppose.
The surplus and backstock of ABUs, when big-USAF does switch, could keep the Civil Air Patrol running for a decade!
The thing that is a $pain$ will be acquiring all the accoutrement - GoreTex jackets/pants, etc etc.

Quote from: abdsp51 on March 01, 2016, 01:18:03 AM

abdsp51

Quote from: USACAP on March 01, 2016, 04:21:12 AM

Yeah you need more than that.  Current stance is that the ABU is here to stay and we are not phasing out any time soon to anything else. 

And it matters since you are trying to present it as fact.  So I hope you have a source from HAF otherwise all hearsay and rumor.

USACAP

Heh, I guess you'll just be all surprised when you see it on the cover of Air Force Times then ... :)

Quote from: abdsp51 on March 01, 2016, 04:59:37 AM

Yeah you need more than that.  Current stance is that the ABU is here to stay and we are not phasing out any time soon to anything else. 

And it matters since you are trying to present it as fact.  So I hope you have a source from HAF otherwise all hearsay and rumor.

PHall

Quote from: USACAP on March 01, 2016, 05:21:34 AM
Heh, I guess you'll just be all surprised when you see it on the cover of Air Force Times then ... :)

Quote from: abdsp51 on March 01, 2016, 04:59:37 AM

The Air Force Times is not exactly a reliable source either. They're just a fish wrapper that caters to Air Force personnel.

abdsp51

As PHall said not reliable please provide something more credible and solid.  That same publication said the A10 was getting axed.  Otherwise you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

stillamarine

Quote from: abdsp51 on March 01, 2016, 05:52:56 AM

As PHall said not reliable please provide something more credible and solid.  That same publication said the A10 was getting axed.  Otherwise you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Amusingly enough I was at the Alabama Association of Chief's of Police conference yesterday and met the squadron commander of the SFS by pointing out his ABUs to my wife. We got to talking about CAP supposedly going to ask AF for permission for the ABUs. He said that the word he's getting is all the services would be in the same utilities by '19. Granted this is just word of mouth on my end. Don't know where he got it. I just found it amusing after reading the last dozen comments.

We Marines are hardheaded. We were the first ones to move away from woodland cammies then everyone else followed suit. I guess we don't want to be ordered into a uniform we didn't choose ourselves and I'm not mad at them.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: stillamarine on March 02, 2016, 03:48:02 PM
Amusingly enough I was at the Alabama Association of Chief's of Police conference yesterday and met the squadron commander of the SFS by pointing out his ABUs to my wife. We got to talking about CAP supposedly going to ask AF for permission for the ABUs. He said that the word he's getting is all the services would be in the same utilities by '19. Granted this is just word of mouth on my end. Don't know where he got it. I just found it amusing after reading the last dozen comments.

He got it where you got it. Someone with zero actual need to know or knowledge made a prognostication.

stillamarine

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on March 02, 2016, 05:37:51 PM
Quote from: stillamarine on March 02, 2016, 03:48:02 PM

He got it where you got it. Someone with zero actual need to know or knowledge made a prognostication.

Like I said, it wasn't meant to provide an opinion one way or another. It just was amusing and fit the bs in this thread. And I don't know much about your experience in the military but in my experience 90% of what you hear in the military is a product of that someone with zero actual need to know or knowledge.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Holding Pattern

Just got an email about the NUC decision and rationale along with the reminder nothing has been changed yet from capnhq. Check your emails!

LSThiker

Quote from: stillamarine on March 02, 2016, 06:52:40 PM
in my experience 90% of what you hear in the military is a product of that someone with zero actual need to know or knowledge.

Ah yes, the E-4 mafia rumor machine with an E-9 or E-8 feeding it :)

Гугл переводчик

We have a USAF 2nd Lt who told his airman that if they see anyone around base wearing ABU's with tapes that say "Civil Air Patrol" to not go up to them and attack them for stolen valor. The young AF Airman on this base have a history of being... energetic  ;)
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

PHall

Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on March 03, 2016, 01:57:37 AM
We have a USAF 2nd Lt who told his airman that if they see anyone around base wearing ABU's with tapes that say "Civil Air Patrol" to not go up to them and attack them for stolen valor. The young AF Airman on this base have a history of being... energetic  ;)

Maybe I need to visit your base.    >:D      Bruhahahahaha!!!

JeffDG

You have airmen who listened to 2nd Lts?   >:D

goblin

What base?

LSThiker

Quote from: Goblin on March 03, 2016, 04:12:00 AM

What base?

Perhaps the base that Boise Composite Squadron (ID-073) meets on:  Gowen Field Air National Guard Base

Just a stab in the dark.