Form 27 Turnaround - place your bets!

Started by dwb, October 25, 2005, 07:06:40 PM

Pylon

Quote from: afgeo4 on November 22, 2005, 04:03:09 AM
Ok, I'll try this out!

March 06

By the way... I'm about to (attempt to) renew my CAP driver's license.  Any bets on that?

GEORGE LURYE, 1st Lt, CAP
ES Officer
(still Brodsky's) Syracuse Comp Sqdn

Good luck with that.  I'm not renewing mine again.   Plenty of other people can play chauffeur and have to pay for the privilege.  ::)

As for Brodsky's CAPF 27, I think we should start taking squares.  I'll draft up a calendar of the next year, and we'll do $0.50 to purchase a day.  Multiple people can claim the same day, but will split the pot if more than one person guesses the winning date.  If the winning date is untaken, the closest bet wins the pot.   ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

dwb

Quote from: groundpounder on November 21, 2005, 09:51:41 PMIt looks like we are going to have to merge this thread into the "Longest running squadron commander" thread for Dan.

That won't be necessary.  Renewing my CAP membership is on hold, pending this form getting processed.  If January rolls around and it's not done yet, I'll just call NHQ and let them know they have a Commanderless squadron, and that they should contact the Wing CC to find out why.  >:D

groundpounder

I have an idea, lets send an email to the Region Commander and ask him if he wants into the pool.  >:D

dwb

Here are the guesses so far:

31 October (nope)
15 November (nope)
Thanksgiving Eve (NHQ is closed today, so, nope)
15 December
March 2006
November 2006

I've been told that the form was sent last night.  Therefore, it should be done in the first half of next week (in theory).  That would make Fenner the closest bet.  But he came in to the betting late, so instead of the Grand Prize European vacation package, he'll get this spiffy felt tip pen!

Here's to hoping it gets done by 30 November!

groundpounder

All kidding aside, it is an outrage that this tread ever had to exist in the first place.

Lets hope that next week we will have a winner.

Pylon

Quote from: groundpounder on November 22, 2005, 02:29:41 PM
I have an idea, lets send an email to the Region Commander and ask him if he wants into the pool.  >:D

I think he and the Wing King would have an unfair advantage in betting on the date.   ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

dwb

Quote from: justin_bailey on November 23, 2005, 01:40:43 PMI've been told that the form was sent last night.

I called NHQ this morning and...

wait for it...

...they don't have it.  :o

Now, it may have been mailed via USPS instead of faxed/E-mailed, but it should still be there this week.  We'll see what happens.

groundpounder

If it were sent last Tues as you said, it would have been there already unless it went pony express.

Sad, just sad......

dwb

Quote from: groundpounder on November 28, 2005, 03:58:49 PMIf it were sent last Tues as you said, it would have been there already unless it went pony express.

Well, keep in mind that the paid employees weren't working for part (or all?) of last week.  Also, there was a holiday in there.  So, if it went via USPS, it should get there in the first part of this week.  If it went via fax or E-mail, it should have already been in the pile, and it wasn't.

I've never really had a problem with the NHQ folks, and I've sent my fair share of paperwork to Maxwell AFB.  I suspect that it either didn't get sent at all, or it's "in the mail".  Or, the third possibility, is that it's there, but the person I talked to didn't look hard enough for it.  In which case it should be done today or tomorrow.

groundpounder

I'm sure that it is not the folks down at NHQ.

Curious, how do you know that it was sent?

dwb

Quote from: groundpounder on November 28, 2005, 05:02:29 PMCurious, how do you know that it was sent?

I felt a disturbance in The Force. :)

(I heard through my chain of command)

PWK-GT

Quote from: justin_bailey on November 28, 2005, 09:26:55 PM
Quote from: groundpounder on November 28, 2005, 05:02:29 PMCurious, how do you know that it was sent?

I felt a disturbance in The Force. :)

Rumor has it that The Force is going to be replacing the WMU........less man-hours or something. ;D
Now, if CRAPMART could only use it to get orders right...........
"Is it Friday yet"

groundpounder

NEWS FLASH - New grand prize information released today! - NEWS FLASH

Due to the ongoing excitement surrounding the processing of this paperwork, new grand prizes have been announced.

First Prize - A shiny new Cessna 182 with G1000 avionics.

Second Prize - A complete SDIS system complete with one year prepaid unlimited airtime.

Third Prize - A laptop computer.

Contest rules - You must be a full colonel or above to enter. Paperwork submitted must to forwarded to CAP NHQ no later than  three months from the date of original submission. It must be Tuesday. You must weigh 168 lbs. Your hair must be grey. You must own a mess dress uniform. You have to attend at least one encampment. You cannot be a pilot. You must have had a recent measles vaccine. Your boss must be named Joe. Your dog must have fleas. One leg must be shorter than the other. You cannot have family members. You must be present to win. Your nickname must be "The Kid." Your favorite book must be "War and Peace." You must not have voted for Hillary Clinton. Your squadron must meet on the sixth Monday of the month.............. Subject to the laws of your state. Not valid in the Unted States or the rest of the free world.

groundpounder

Quote from: groundpounder on November 29, 2005, 06:20:46 PM
NEWS FLASH - New grand prize information released today! - NEWS FLASH

Due to a complete lack of response, the aforementioned sweepstakes has been cancelled. Since there were no applications processed within the three month time frame, we have decided to end the sweepstakes.

Anyone who has submitted a sweepstakes entry (any form requiring NWY CC approval) should resubmit the forms to be included in our next great giveaway!

The management.

groundpounder

Well we last heard that the Form 27 was sent on 11/22. No word yet on it getting to NHQ so I am going to guess that it didn't???

WICAPMOM

:o Well I feel the need to spout my surprise.

I officially accepted my first command today and before I even walked in the door for the change of command ceremony, I was listed in the National database as the squadron commander.  With what I read on this string that throughly surprised me.  That was done including a unit transfer. :o
Julie Anne
Major, CAP ~ Commander
Milwaukee Comp Sqdn 5 (WI-061)

dwb

When I assumed command, The Form 27 had already been done.  This was probably because I happened to see the Wing CC in person a month before, and had him sign the form at that time.

At this point, I'm sticking with my plan to not renew my membership (which expires this month), then calling NHQ in January and telling them they have a Commanderless squadron and should do something about it.

If the form is processed before 31 Dec, then I will of course renew my membership in a timely fashion.

Matt

Back by popular Un-Demand via Julie (with warning of my craptastic pic coming into play)

<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

WICAPMOM

Matthew,

I will have to discuss with you, your choice to post with out warning me. >:D

All I have to say about that picture is...  :'(
Julie Anne
Major, CAP ~ Commander
Milwaukee Comp Sqdn 5 (WI-061)

dwb

What?  What'd I miss?  Someone PM me what I missed!  :-\