Form 27 Turnaround - place your bets!

Started by dwb, October 25, 2005, 07:06:40 PM

groundpounder

My guess is that the folks down at NHQ would not even notice.

dwb

Quote from: groundpounder on October 31, 2005, 01:52:53 PMMy guess is that the folks down at NHQ would not even notice.

They would, but it wouldn't be immediate.  Periodically, they run their reports, and it does send up a red flag if you have a Commanderless (is that a word?) squadron.  Happened to a now-defunct squadron; their Commander's membership had lapsed a few months before anyone noticed.

But they did notice.  Eventually.

groundpounder

Well, anyone that guessed October is out of the running. Rumor on the street is that Austin will be the CC for another year, if that is true, my guess Nov 2007.

groundpounder

Sorry, I need to resubmit my estimate. Nov 2006, not 2007.

I got a little ahead of myself.

dwb

I was going to point that out, but you beat me to it.  I thought I was checking e-Services diligently.  :D

dwb

BTW, why would he be Wing CC for another year?  No one else to take his place?

Honestly, I don't even know who would be in the running.  I assume it'd be generally Lt Col's that are on Wing staff, to include the Vice, and maybe a Group CC or two.  But I couldn't provide any names off the top of my head.

groundpounder

Not sure why he is going to be the CC, or if it is for sure. I heard it from somone that was at the recent commanders call but have not been able to verify.

I was hoping for Steve Perta or Bill Hughes myself. Good guys to work with.

dwb

Quote from: groundpounder on November 01, 2005, 04:32:27 PMI was hoping for Steve Perta or Bill Hughes myself. Good guys to work with.

Do they even have any interest in it?  Last time, I don't think Lt Col Perta even threw his name in the hat, because he was in grad school.  I'm not sure what his intentions are now.

As for Lt Col Hughes, I've never heard of him being interested in the job.  But admittedly, I don't know much about him.  And I'm out of the CAP loop right now, so I'm missing out on any chatter about possible successors for Col G.

I think we're due for an upstate Wing CC.  No offense to the downstaters.  The last upstate Wing King we had was Col Lavin, back in the early-90s.  I remember seeing him in the mall when he was Wing CC, that was odd.  "Hey, look, it's the Colonel.  Yikes!"  Not that he knew who I was.

I vote for 1st Lt Mike Kieloch for Wing CC, just because I'm in to volunteering him for things lately.

groundpounder

I'm not sure if either of them would want the job either, I was just hoping that they would.

I am sure that there are other folks out there that can get this Wing kick started again. Just can't wait until it happens >:(

groundpounder

Forgot to mention - another day passes and you are still CC.

There must be one hell of a pile of paperwork up there at Wing HQ. Maybe if I put in my retirement paperwork now it will be ready when I am. :D

groundpounder

Just to further handicap things here, I spoke to someone a couple of days ago that waited 6 months for his command to be officially changed by NYW.

I guess the real reason why they extended the CC's term was that the new guy wouldn't take it until Austin finished up all his overdue paperwork, which may take a year at the rate he gets things done!!!

It would be funny if it weren't true.

dwb

Still going...

This is unbelievable.  And they wonder why people get frustrated with this organization.

groundpounder

I'm still good with my November 06 prediction. Austin had plenty of time to make the region conf this weekend, I wonder if he brought along his homework to do in the room at night???  ;D

Pylon

Are you finding any problems with paperwork going to NHQ with the new commander's signature on it, not getting accepted due to you still being listed as the CC?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Matt

<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

dwb

Quote from: Pylon on November 14, 2005, 08:09:08 PMAre you finding any problems with paperwork going to NHQ with the new commander's signature on it, not getting accepted due to you still being listed as the CC?

If they (the paid staffers) look at anything for validation, they look at the CAPF 53 (Signature Card).  I sent updated signature cards to both NHQ and Wing back in August, when the actual change of command took place.

A cursory glance at e-Services shows members that have joined since I've been on sabbatical.  So, yeah, I guess it doesn't matter.

I'm just upset that a Wing HQ that claims it exists to "support the field" can't file a simple form that takes about 30 seconds of effort.

What does that say about how much Wing HQ really cares?

groundpounder

It looks like we are going to have to merge this thread into the "Longest running squadron commander" thread for Dan.

By the time that NYW gets his paperwork in, he may just have the record.  ;D

Yoda

They still haven't filed it??  Crikey.  I'll put in for Dec 15th, 2005.  (Course, I have the benefit of knowing they didn't file it in the past month :D)

afgeo4

Ok, I'll try this out!

March 06

By the way... I'm about to (attempt to) renew my CAP driver's license.  Any bets on that?

GEORGE LURYE, 1st Lt, CAP
ES Officer
(still Brodsky's) Syracuse Comp Sqdn
GEORGE LURYE