Main Menu

Too big uniforms.

Started by Picy3, September 06, 2018, 01:12:05 AM

Picy3

Greetings,

I recently have the chance to own a BDU (which is something I have been wanting for a while), everything pretty much fits me except the shirt (uniform top part) which is a large (And I wear a small).

I was wondering if anything can be done to make it fit better or at least not look so bad, the arms are pretty much fine its just the waist that is overly fat looking on me. If it would be better to altogether buy a smaller BDU top then that is fine (just would have to wait until I have more money  ::) ) but if there is something I can do then that would be great. A friend suggested that I put a pin in the back to hold it at the right size but I don't know if that would be wrong or against any regulations so I was wondering what you all thought.

Thanks,
Cadet Second Lieutenant who finally passed his Mitchell.

Rocketry badge, GTM3 badge, Solo Wings at a National Flight Academy, Encampment Cadre and two+ years of CAP in all its greatness.
DFAC - 2019 WRIII
Logistics - 2019 CFXXIV
Alpha Flight Commander - 2019 ACIV

TheSkyHornet

If you're trying to make it go from being a large to a small, you'll probably need some massive sewing on it, and it will look way off. You're going to end up with pinched areas and creases that you don't want.

I suggest getting a top that fits appropriately.

DakRadz

If you have a nearby Army Navy/surplus store/maybe even Airman's Attic or some such- they might even trade you straight up.

I would say size large is more in demand than small.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Picy3

Hmm. That is not a bad idea, though I don't know of any near me I will definitely look into that, Thanks.
Cadet Second Lieutenant who finally passed his Mitchell.

Rocketry badge, GTM3 badge, Solo Wings at a National Flight Academy, Encampment Cadre and two+ years of CAP in all its greatness.
DFAC - 2019 WRIII
Logistics - 2019 CFXXIV
Alpha Flight Commander - 2019 ACIV