"New" MAJCOM not so new, just noticed this..

Started by Eclipse, April 03, 2008, 02:21:28 AM

Eclipse

Actually I thinking of going that route on Saturday, depends if VG has a mini medal for me in stock (and if I can find a bow tie).   8)

Where does the medal go?

"That Others May Zoom"

jb512

From 39-1:

"The CAP blazer combination with a plain white shirt/blouse and black bow tie or blue floppy bow
without name plate and with one miniature medal may be worn on formal occasions, if the member
does not have, is not authorized, or prefers not to wear the mess dress uniform. If the medal is worn,
it will be centered above the pocket so that bottom portion of medal is 1/2 inch above the CAP crest."

Eclipse

OK, another newb question - since my highest medal is a NAT Comm Comm, would that simply be placing the silver star attachment in the center of a standard CC medal?

"That Others May Zoom"

jb512

Quote from: Eclipse on April 07, 2008, 03:32:22 AM
OK, another newb question - since my highest medal is a NAT Comm Comm, would that simply be placing the silver star attachment in the center of a standard CC medal?

That's a good question.  Section 5 in 39-1 doesn't say anything about attachments on medals and we don't have miniature attachments for ours like the RM does.  I would assume you would wear the same devices, but someone else may know how to solve that dilemma...

arajca

Quote from: Eclipse on April 07, 2008, 03:32:22 AM
Usually, the attachments are mounted on the suspension ribbon, not the medal itself. Center the star between the top and bottom of the cloth. If you have multiple attachments, space them equally and vertically.