Main Menu

Dues Letter

Started by williamcabot, May 18, 2007, 10:21:55 PM

IceNine

ok first of all its 15 dollars... AND if they do not pay national dues on time they are not allowed to test by national regulation so where is the hangup?
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

acarlson

Quote from: williamcabot on May 22, 2007, 03:40:03 PM
A little help here, folks.  I'm asking for help in looking at a receiver friendly template, example, form, etc., of a squadron dues request letter.  No where in my inquiry do I ask for amateur tax advice.  Will anyone step up and help a fellow CAP squadron?  Thank you.

SM David Saavedra

Here's what I use... simple & to the point...I use just a reminder... as most of us can and do forget the annual renewal...  and this is emailed only to those members who are coming up on renewing... with easy contact and /or links to get them where they need to renew quickly. ... this has saved a whole bunch of paperwork if they renew before they expire... especially pilots' quals etc.  (I also include my contact phone #'s ... which I sure ain't gonna give you CAPtalkers!  ;D

Hello Squadron 907 Cadets and SMs:

Your CAP membership is scheduled to expire on 31-March-2006.
You can renew your membership online or by phone, or by U.S. mail.

ONLINE:  go to CAP e-Services https://www.capnhq.gov/default.aspx
   Login and go to "Membership Renewal"

BY PHONE:  contact Membership Services at 1-877-227-9142

BY MAIL:
   CAP National Headquarters
   Membership Services
   105 S. Hansell St.
   Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6332

Senior Members can also renew for more than one year: 
   Online Membership Multi-Renewal:  2 Nov 2004
   At the March 2005 NB, the headquarters staff was asked to implement the ability to allow members to renew for multiple years. As of Oct 3 2005, senior members can now choose to renew for one, two or three years at a time through the Online Renewals system or by contacting Membership Services at 1-877-227-9142.

Thank you,

Lt. Annette Carlson
Public Affairs Officer &
Professional Development Officer
Civil Air Patrol
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown PA

acarlson

Quote from: ELTHunter on June 02, 2007, 08:57:34 PM
Until June 30th, when the Wing Banker Program goes into effect for our Wing,...

Starting in July, we will be compelled to turn over the entire contents of our bank account to Wing, who will control it after that.  Supposedly, we can continue to spend it as we want, but they will write all of the checks.  We shall see how that works out, I have my doubts.

Here in the PA wing... we've been working with the "one wing bank acct" since the end of last summer and it has been working quite well... our squadron has never had a problem and all our bills (paid by wing, at our direction) are paid on time.

It's actually relieved our squadron of a lot of the finance worry.

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown PA

Hawk200

Quote from: acarlson on June 04, 2007, 01:28:27 AM
Here in the PA wing... we've been working with the "one wing bank acct" since the end of last summer and it has been working quite well... our squadron has never had a problem and all our bills (paid by wing, at our direction) are paid on time.

It's actually relieved our squadron of a lot of the finance worry.

Is this movement an effort to make the Finance specialty track a wing only type of track? Or will Finance officers still be necessary at the unit? If so, then what would they do at the lower level?