Main Menu

lost cap file

Started by wevleyaviation, February 08, 2016, 07:53:45 AM

wevleyaviation

Hello all for the last year I have been trying to get my cap file 201 back when I was with ks-125 in 1999-2000 the file got lost when the unit moved so I had a back up copy and than started unit ks-128 in 2006-2007 where that file went missing to the personal officer was to make copy's but never gave back to me and NHQ told me that when they went from paper to e services a lost of files where lost  I have letters from old units if that helps .if anyone can help that wood be great

Thank You
1ST LT Josh Wevley 

Al Sayre

Ref CAPR 10-2, Personnel records are destroyed after 5 years, so unless you have personal copies already you may be out of luck.  You could try contacting the units and asking nicely if they would look around and see what they can find stashed in old files and boxes, but I wouldn't hope for too much.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Cliff_Chambliss

Something you may check is to see if you can contact old members of your previous units and ask if they have copies of documents in which you may be mentioned. 

When I rejoined CAP in 2009 I "found" a couple of members from my old sqdns from the 1960's.  They were able to provide me with copies of summer encampmemt orders, observer/pilot appointment orders, completion roster from the Mission Coordinator Course, travel orders for sarcaps, etc.  Not much if anything useful but interesting.
11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

Holding Pattern

I found my awards and rank mentioned in a squadron newsletter published annually by my old squadron.