Encampment Coming... New CAPID not coming? - PLEASE HELP :(

Started by _Toth_, July 27, 2015, 06:23:07 PM

_Toth_

I have been a member for a little over a year now and my membership has recently been renewed(2 1/2 weeks ago).  Encampment is this Saturday and a new CAPID has not arrived... what should I do?

NC Hokie

Take your old ID card and print a temporary paper ID from eServices to show that your membership is current.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

MSG Mac

Go to the Opening Page on E-Services. In the upper right hand corner is "My Account" It has all your information and an option to print out a temporary ID. It will be good for about 30 days.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

NIN

Quote from: MSG Mac on July 27, 2015, 06:39:22 PM
Go to the Opening Page on E-Services. In the upper right hand corner is "My Account" It has all your information and an option to print out a temporary ID. It will be good for about 30 days.

^^ This.

Just so everybody is aware: its worth it to renew early.

Why?

Say your membership runs out on the 31st. (it does)

So here comes the end of the month.  You renew on the 20th.

Unfortunately for you, the ID cards which are printed by a 3rd party, are created by a "needs new ID card" run batch from the personnel system. Those batches are run Monday mornings and sent to the 3rd party vendor for printing.

That vendor runs the ID cards that week and they get mailed on Friday. 

But ID cards go out at the non-profit bulk mail rate. Which means that pretty much everything but the flyer from the local pizza joint gets more priority in the mail system.

So they take 7-10 days to get to you.

You renewed on the 20th, late in the morning, but your CAPID doesn't wind up in the request file until the following Monday the 27th, so your ID card doesn't even go into the mail until Friday the 31st. 7-10 days, you might have your ID card by the 10th.

So renew early. And not on a Monday :)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.