Gathering unit contacts from eServices

Started by Walkman, February 17, 2014, 03:53:23 AM

Walkman

Is there a way to gather my unit contacts in a usable format to import into my laptop address book? The only thing I've found so far is in Member Reports, but the XLS file rendered there would require as much manual formatting work as copy & pasting everyone's contacts directly. Looking for something that could do a standard vcard or at least CSV format.

capmaj

Not sure if this is what you mean, but you can log onto eServices, the click the underlined number of unit members on the unit info block in the middle of the page. There will be one number for Seniors and another for Cadets. Clicking the number will show you all their email addresses and you can check off the names and then copy. Hope this helps.

Walkman

^ I was looking for something that also included phone numbers. Hoping there was something in a common contacts format that could easily be imported. Just trying to avoid tons of manual copy/pasting.

Eclipse

You could pull it out of Capwatch, but I don't think it's in a single table.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on February 17, 2014, 04:22:48 AM
You could pull it out of Capwatch, but I don't think it's in a single table.
CAPWATCH would involve joining the "member" table with the "mbrcontact" table.

Not particularly difficult, but it's not quite as clean for a non-technical person.

Walkman

Looks like I'm going to be doing some cut n' paste, then...

MSG Mac

Use the Squadron Roster Report gives Phone and E-mail as listed in E-Services
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Spaceman3750

If you're going to look it up in an address book why not just look it up in eServices? It takes a few more clicks but eServices will always have the latest data. That's what I do for people I don't routinely contact directly.

Walkman

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on February 17, 2014, 10:25:52 PM
If you're going to look it up in an address book why not just look it up in eServices? It takes a few more clicks but eServices will always have the latest data. That's what I do for people I don't routinely contact directly.

Going to eservices first everytime I send an email isn't as efficient as having those emails in my address book. Plus, I can sync those contacts to my phone and be able to call someone when I'm away from my computer.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Walkman on February 17, 2014, 10:32:35 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on February 17, 2014, 10:25:52 PM

Going to eservices first everytime I send an email isn't as efficient as having those emails in my address book. Plus, I can sync those contacts to my phone and be able to call someone when I'm away from my computer.

Fair enough. I think you can pull that Squadron Roster Report MSG Mac talked about as a CSV but I might be wrong.