Main Menu

CAPF-40 Self Eval help

Started by Walkman, December 20, 2013, 03:33:16 AM

Walkman

Our Group CC is having us on staff work on these. I'm having trouble, I've never been very good at things like this. Any advice or pointers from those that have done 'em before? For some reason I'm just going brain dead on it.

One specific thing is I'm not quite sure how to do the comment section on each of the rating areas.

Eclipse

That's not really a form that's set up for self-assessment.  I suppose it would work.

It's just like a work eval, be honest.  If you say you're good in an area, indicate why or how, and
if you say you aren't, how you could improve.

If no comment is warranted, leave it blank, though that will probably get a negative reaction.

Seeing this reminds me why I don't have any interest in going back to the corporate world.
My review is the paid invoice.

Will the Group CC be doing one as well?  In most corporate situations where I had to do as
self-assessment, there was also a manager page and then you compared the two,
which could be very enlightening.

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

Quote from: Eclipse on December 20, 2013, 03:51:02 AM
Will the Group CC be doing one as well?  In most corporate situations where I had to do as self-assessment, there was also a manager page and then you compared the two, which could be very enlightening.

Actually, my unit CC is doing "mangement" side for this one, as the Group CC is relatively new and we haven't had a ton of interaction yet.

Thanks for the advice, kinda' what I was thinking.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Private Investigator

Quote from: Walkman on December 20, 2013, 03:33:16 AM
Our Group CC is having us on staff work on these.

I could see the GPCC using the CAPF 40 as a tool to measure the Staff's ability. But it will give you a false POV. I had a Finance Officer once, that thought he was the greatest because he was a business owner. He could not even reconcile a bank statement. 

Private Investigator

Quote from: Eclipse on December 20, 2013, 03:51:02 AMSeeing this reminds me why I don't have any interest in going back to the corporate world.
My review is the paid invoice.

Will the Group CC be doing one as well?  In most corporate situations where I had to do as
self-assessment, there was also a manager page and then you compared the two,
which could be very enlightening.

Corporate world is disappointing.

<cool story goes here - confidentiality block - ON>   8)

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"