What manual covers member's rights regarding non-renewal of membership

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, December 03, 2013, 07:53:28 PM

a2capt

Well, in this case.. it was -my- BBS. The Apple //e was right there in the bedroom, with it's 300 baud Apple-Cat II ;)

..and we had an "email" function. Who'd have ever guessed we'd have "unlimited long distance" and the TV people would service us with a worldwide network.

Try flagging that for non-renewal.

Panache

SarDragon

Quote from: DemonOps on December 04, 2013, 03:11:21 PM
The question is # 46, from CAPP 200 (E) Attachment 5, Personnel Officer Special Training Specialty Track Study Guide:

46. True or False. Since nonrenewal is not a termination action for which a right of appeal exists under the Constitution and Bylaws of the Civil Air Patrol, the unit commander is not required to notify the member concerned regarding the reasons for non-renewal. [CAPM 39-2]

I can't find the answer in CAPM 39-2.  My boss correctly called me on this by asking "where did you find this?"  He couldn't find it in 39-2, and to be honest, I got the answer via third-party; shame on me! :o

Any Senior or Master Rated person in Personnel, have clues where I can find this (I need chapter and verse, possibly page number... ;) ) ?

Warmly, Dave

There is NO CAPM 39-2. It changed to CAPR 39-2 on 4 Dec 03. The provision for non-renewal went away at that time. This is a bogus Q now, and should be ignored.

If your CC is really froggy about this, PM me an email addy, and I'll send a copy of the olde manual.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Brad

Quote from: SARDOC on December 04, 2013, 12:25:01 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on December 04, 2013, 12:09:59 AM
I would thing a general IG complaint to the right level should fix this issue.   To the OP.....file an IG complaint with the National IG.

I don't believe the OP has an actual complaint...just reading the regs.  I wouldn't recommend an IG complaint without an actual complaint.

From what I read, it simply seems as if the OP was making an observation, not reporting a matter of fact that occurred. If you sent the observation up to IG that the regulations don't match the test, your complaint would get dismissed or at the most you'd get a referral to send it up the chain to have the information corrected.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: Private Investigator on December 04, 2013, 03:31:42 PM
About ten years ago we had a Senior Member who was writing bad checks to the bookstore and his check to renew his membership bounced also. That was enough to end his membership.

FWIW - I dunno who NHQ uses for their bank, but I've had 2 checks supposedly bounce on them with money sitting in the account and my bank saying the checks were never presented to them for payment. I use plastic exclusively for anything CAP ever since.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven: