Main Menu

Confused and Dazed...

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, September 24, 2012, 06:37:09 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: CyBorg on October 01, 2012, 08:56:59 PMI've found that sometimes Kenny Rogers' advice about "knowing when to fold 'em, etc." is pretty solid.

Agree 100% - sometimes there are options like other units, different echelon, concentrate on specific activities, etc., but just as Groucho Marx
had no interest in joining a club that would allow someone like him as a member, sometimes if the club doesn't want your help, it's time to move to different
pastures.

I've seen more then a few people plant a flag on principle, fight the "good" fight (even when it's not really "good", nor really a "fight"), only to ultimately
quit once they were "absolved" (or whatever). 

Seems like a waste of perfectly good calories to me...

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Eclipse on October 01, 2012, 09:08:35 PM
Seems like a waste of perfectly good calories to me...

Not to mention Tums, Rolaids, Di-Gel, etc.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

West MI-CAP-Ret

Good news.  Everything was taken care of.  I knew how horrible it sounded.  Yes, it does sound that their should of been more, but there really wasn't.  However, I ran Foul of wing a decade ago, and subsequently left cap rather than fight.  When I rejoined the problem I had grew out of proportion. 

Our current Wg commander took care of everything.  Although the group commander and sq co was present for a meeting with the Wg co, the conversation was between him and I.  I was given the option of joining another unit or work with group; I chose group.

Lessons learned:  don't lose your temper.  Never write anything official over email.  Sleep on a problem before action or reacting.

The real problem was a command problem.  An overworked group co actually wrote me suggesting that due to my illness I should retire because cap can be tough.  What he should of done is convened a meeting to resolve the problem.  This never happened.

90 percent of cap mbrs are great volunteers.  Look out for the rest!  :)
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

Private Investigator

LL, I am glad that is resolved. 98% of the problems in CAP units is misunderstandings.