Main Menu

Request Guidance

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, August 06, 2012, 05:12:12 PM

West MI-CAP-Ret

To begin to file a complaint regarding harassment of senior members due to their permanent disability earned on active duty, would that be covered in CAP's JAGMAN?

As I wait for guidance, I will actually go and try to find the answer myself.

Warmly,
Lablover
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

EMT-83

Critical AOA

What?  Someone is harassing a vet with a service related disability because of that disability? That is more deserving of a private one-on-one conversation in a dark place than anything else.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Private Investigator

When I was an IG 95% of the complaints were really just misunderstandings. If Tom, Dick and Harry sat down together and talk about their problem it will be resolved. Personality issues, favoritism and such is easily worked out.

Eclipse

Quote from: Private Investigator on August 07, 2012, 02:31:14 AM
When I was an IG 95% of the complaints were really just misunderstandings. If Tom, Dick and Harry sat down together and talk about their problem it will be resolved. Personality issues, favoritism and such is easily worked out.

Ditto.

Guaranteed no one is "harassing" a senior member because of a disability.  I just don't buy it - and no you should not "explain", since doing so
would likely violate the regs regarding the confidentiality of complaints.

This is likely either a personality conflict unrelated to the disability, or a "failure to accommodate", which is not the same thing as harassment.

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

Communications skills and problem solving abilities are relics from the past.

Your neighbor's dog is barking, call the cops. Squadron member said something you don't like, call the IG.

There are processes and safeguards in place for the real deal, but how often does that actually occur?