New CAPR 39-2 Civil Air Patrol Membership

Started by ßτε, August 04, 2011, 08:53:25 PM

CDCTF

I for one, got a kick out of reading some of this. It was, entertaining to say the least. So many feathers being ruffled. Here in a couple years I'm going to start writing P.E. after everything I write on here. Then everyone will know I'm right.

cust0s

Quote from: spaatzmom on August 08, 2011, 11:54:42 AM
Wow!!!!!  I have no dog in this measuring contest, wrong parts thankfully.  But I can say that you do come off as elitist with continually throwing your presumed PhD around.  Yes I say presumed as I have no categorical proof that you indeed possess that degree, after all anyone can state such easily especially on an internet forum.  You are new to this forum and instead of taking the time to learn who you are talking to, you just start attacking others knowledge of the organization; most of them have been in CAP for over 25 years.  They have more insight and therefore credibility concerning it than, I am sorry to say ..... you.

My family has been through the entire program from Curry through Spaatz and now Wilson awards and guess what, I am still learning interesting tidbits about CAP.  It is an ever changing organism.

Good luck with your membership and hopeful growth within the "family" and please do remember that many wing commanders and others who can have a direct affect in your CAP future are also posters here.

Yeah, I'm done with this conversation.  Others brought up my Ph.D.  I only confirmed it and everything else has been kept on topic.  I'm only new to posting on this forum and I have been in CAP for 10 years plus AFROTC and trained with fellow real cadets at the AFA.  It's too bad that you think I'm elitist simply because I'm finishing my degree.  In my experience those who don't have one get upset and attack those who do, and this is just simply ridiculous.  Try to have an open mind.  Good luck to you as well, mom.
Captain, CAP
Deputy Commander, et al.
--
Ph.D. Student (Criminology), LAW, M.A., CERT., B.A.
AFROTC, Cadet (2001-2004)
--
The post above and beneath this one is a lie.

cust0s

Quote from: cadetTF on August 08, 2011, 12:16:31 PM
I for one, got a kick out of reading some of this. It was, entertaining to say the least. So many feathers being ruffled. Here in a couple years I'm going to start writing P.E. after everything I write on here. Then everyone will know I'm right.

How does that make you right?  Just like when people write rank and title after their name?  No harm in that if you're really a P.E.  Both my father (retired USAF Col. too) and brother are P.E.s; good luck!
Captain, CAP
Deputy Commander, et al.
--
Ph.D. Student (Criminology), LAW, M.A., CERT., B.A.
AFROTC, Cadet (2001-2004)
--
The post above and beneath this one is a lie.

spaatzmom

Quote from: cust0s on August 08, 2011, 04:28:04 PM
Quote from: spaatzmom on August 08, 2011, 11:54:42 AM
Wow!!!!!  I have no dog in this measuring contest, wrong parts thankfully.  But I can say that you do come off as elitist with continually throwing your presumed PhD around.  Yes I say presumed as I have no categorical proof that you indeed possess that degree, after all anyone can state such easily especially on an internet forum.  You are new to this forum and instead of taking the time to learn who you are talking to, you just start attacking others knowledge of the organization; most of them have been in CAP for over 25 years.  They have more insight and therefore credibility concerning it than, I am sorry to say ..... you.

My family has been through the entire program from Curry through Spaatz and now Wilson awards and guess what, I am still learning interesting tidbits about CAP.  It is an ever changing organism.

Good luck with your membership and hopeful growth within the "family" and please do remember that many wing commanders and others who can have a direct affect in your CAP future are also posters here.

Yeah, I'm done with this conversation.  Others brought up my Ph.D.  I only confirmed it and everything else has been kept on topic.  I'm only new to posting on this forum and I have been in CAP for 10 years plus AFROTC and trained with fellow real cadets at the AFA.  It's too bad that you think I'm elitist simply because I'm finishing my degree.  In my experience those who don't have one get upset and attack those who do, and this is just simply ridiculous.  Try to have an open mind.  Good luck to you as well, mom.

In my experience those who don't have one get upset and attack those who do, and this is just simply ridiculous.  Try to have an open mind.

That is the type of statement that shouts no screams elitism.  You have no idea what my education level is because I feel it is unimportant to stroke my own feathers to others about it.  You on the other hand have told me to have an open mind and have no problem at all in being quite patronizing to others, possibly to make yourself appear more important.  That is not going to fly well with anyone. Fellow real cadets is another insulting example.  Twice in 8 sentences, you have attempted to insult me, someone you have never met that I am aware of.  And yet, I do believe I could pick you out of a crowd very easily and remain very underwhelmed at your magnificence.