Organizational Excellence 2.0

Started by ßτε, June 28, 2011, 11:38:42 PM

ßτε

It looks like there is an upcoming update to Organizational Excellence 2.0 to be released 1 August 2011.

FW

Col Pearson has worked very hard on this program; along with our NHQ PD staff.  I think it's great we can proceed with this program.  Congratulations to all who made this possible.

James Shaw

So does this mean that if you are rated in OE now, that you have to re-apply for the whole thing?
Does this mean that since this is the new OE that you lose your current rating in the OE specialty track?
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

FW

Jim, good question.  This is what was published:

Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1: I have a rating under the old Organizational Excellence Program. Will I keep it?
Answer: There is a mechanism in OE 2.0 by which you may be able to translate and transfer your old rating into the new program.

I guess we'll have to wait until August to find out what's the story here.

arajca

There is more info out on the new Commander's Specialty Track Organizational Excellence Program. As I figured, National has decided that if you are not a commander, you are not worthy to participate in this program.

Eclipse

Quote from: arajca on July 17, 2011, 04:30:19 PM
There is more info out on the new Commander's Specialty Track Organizational Excellence Program. As I figured, National has decided that if you are not a commander, you are not worthy to participate in this program.

Where do you see that?

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cap_university/professional_development/organizational_excellence_20.cfm
Question 3: Is OE 2.0 just another name for a command track?
Answer: No. OE 2.0 is designed for every senior member. For it to be most effective, both command and staff members should participate.

"That Others May Zoom"

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: OE 2 Handbook
Management Level Requirements
6. At least 1 year of effective command at the squadron level or higher OR a minimum of 2 years' supervisory experience gained outside of CAP (this experience MUST be documented).

Corporate Level Requirements
5. Complete at least 2 additional years of effective command at the squadron level or higher OR a minimum of five total years' supervisory experience gained outside of CAP (this experience must be documented. In addition, the option of using outside experience for this level is only open to chaplains or legal officers holding office in that position – who are prohibited from holding command).

Executive Level Requirements
4. Serve successfully for at least 1 year in one of the following positions (command service must be in additional to the service documented for the Corporate Level designation):
• Wing commander
• Region Commander
• Region Vice-Commander
• Region Chief of Staff
• DCS for Emergency Services, Cadet Programs, or Aerospace Education. (Document service with an attached job description, chronology of projects in assignment and the recommendation of the region commander.)
• Region Chaplain or member of the Chaplain Corps Advisory Council.
• Member of a standing national committee, council, or review board, or service as a national team lead, or service as a member of the CAP Board of Governors, National Cadet Special Activity director, or director of National Staff College, National Legal Officer College, or Inspector General College. (This service must have occurred as a senior member and must be documented by official orders published by NHQ).

Management Level: Outside leadership being only worth 50% of CAP command experience.
Corporate Level: Outside leadership being only worth 40% of CAP command experience and only for Legal and Chaplain
Executive Level:  Has a wider list but you have to get thru Corporate first.

After Management it starts to look like a command track.

lordmonar

ehhh.....and?

Obviously commanders would be fast tracked on the OE program....but as the hand book says....it is not required.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Unless you're Legal or Chaplain you hard stop at the Management Level. That's not commanders being fast tracked.

lordmonar

Okay....I see what you are saying.

And now I shoot back to you....so?

If you are not going to take on corporate level responsbiilties....i.e. command....why do you need an OE rateing beyond management?

Phil Hirons, Jr.

As the whole program is optional, you don't.

Quote from: Eclipse on July 17, 2011, 04:36:34 PM
Quote from: arajca on July 17, 2011, 04:30:19 PM

Where do you see that?

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cap_university/professional_development/organizational_excellence_20.cfm
Question 3: Is OE 2.0 just another name for a command track?
Answer: No. OE 2.0 is designed for every senior member. For it to be most effective, both command and staff members should participate.

My point is more the reality does not seem to match the Q&A

arajca

Quote from: lordmonar on July 17, 2011, 05:53:35 PM
Okay....I see what you are saying.

And now I shoot back to you....so?

If you are not going to take on corporate level responsbiilties....i.e. command....why do you need an OE rateing beyond management?
It's also interesting that only the DCS-ES, DCS-CP, and DCS-AE count at the executive level. I guess the rest are just chopped liver.

Why doesn't CAP just call this for what it is - the Commander's specialty track - and stop pretending they want anyone else to be involved in it.

Ed Bos

Quote from: arajca on July 17, 2011, 07:04:47 PM
It's also interesting that only the DCS-ES, DCS-CP, and DCS-AE count at the executive level. I guess the rest are just chopped liver.

Why doesn't CAP just call this for what it is - the Commander's specialty track - and stop pretending they want anyone else to be involved in it.

It isn't "interesting" so much as "fitting." ES, CP, and AE are our missions. Everything else is in support of those missions. IMHO, nothing wrong with focusing on the big picture for this sort of endeavor.

I'm a fan of what (I think) this program is trying to accomplish ... I think the OEP is a lot more all-encompassing than a commander's specialty track would be.

Wouldn't it be terrific if CAP members tried this out and provided quality feedback to the program managers to improve this track in the future?
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

lordmonar

Well...I signed up for the last OEP....but it never got off the ground in NVWG.....I was surprised when I heard that it was being run elsewhere....I just thought it got back burnered......like so many other NHQ ideas.  :(

FW

For some reason OE has been slow getting off the ground.  However, I think this program has great potential for success; not only for the participants but, for all of Civil Air Patrol.  This program is the key to fully understanding our place in the universe.  I think members who choose to enter the program will be motivated to be further engaged, better informed and, more inclined to "step up" to a leadership or command position. 

James Shaw

Quote from: FW on July 19, 2011, 02:41:26 AM
For some reason OE has been slow getting off the ground.  However, I think this program has great potential for success; not only for the participants but, for all of Civil Air Patrol.  This program is the key to fully understanding our place in the universe.  I think members who choose to enter the program will be motivated to be further engaged, better informed and, more inclined to "step up" to a leadership or command position.

I agree that it has great potential. I however do not want to have to "re-qualify" for a rating I already have. I wonder if they are going to "erase" those that are currently rated in the OE track now?
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

lordmonar

Quote from: FW on July 19, 2011, 02:41:26 AM

+1

I will sign up again when they reboot it in Aug.