What is your favorite fixed wing aircraft?

Started by manfredvonrichthofen, December 18, 2010, 03:18:14 AM

SarDragon

Quote from: jmoring87 on December 24, 2010, 04:48:19 PM
My favorite is the A-10.

But I'm currently stationed with a EA-6B squadron. Didn't see anyone mention that.

The only kool thing about an EA-6B is the "high efficiency, electrically driven, high altitude propellers" on the wing pods.  ;)

Otherwise, a major maintenance PITA.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Keith West

manfredvonrichthofen

Spam Can: oh yeah, Cessna 172, not 82, I just like the old 172 a little better not sure why, probably because WIWAC it was what we had, and we loved it.
WWII: P51Mustang, LOVE IT!!!!
Vintage Jet: F-4 Phantom, nice sweet adaptable loadout.
Current Jet: Still the A-10. I literally owe those things my life.

gordo07

For me, the P-3 Orion and the P-2V Neptune. Both post military with a white and red paint job and big one or two digit number on the tail.  They've help/saved my ass a few times at work.

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: gordo07 on January 22, 2011, 05:10:15 PM
For me, the P-3 Orion and the P-2V Neptune. Both post military with a white and red paint job and big one or two digit number on the tail.  They've help/saved my ass a few times at work.
I must ask, what do you do?

davidsinn

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on January 22, 2011, 05:35:05 PM
Quote from: gordo07 on January 22, 2011, 05:10:15 PM
I must ask, what do you do?

I'm guessing woodland fire. That description sounds like water bombers.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

gordo07

Correct for the most part, I'm a fire fighter for the forest service out west. Except it's a retardent they use in them now, red some water lots of surfactant some fertilizer, and slicker than snot if you walk on it. We don't have the water supply to support with water, sonar turn to the retardent, plus it can be put down ahead of the fire to give us ground pounders a fighting chance to catch up.

Shotgun

Fly fast - F-111.  Had these at Mt. Home AFB when I was a kid

Fly slow - Piper Sport (now Czech Sport Aircraft). A plane I could realistically actually fly some day

Fly upside down - T-6 Texan II

Trung Si Ma

Freedom isn't free - I paid for it