Main Menu

Old Paper SIRS Mishap Report Form

Started by Shuman 14, December 16, 2021, 11:36:27 PM

Shuman 14

Currently working on my Tech Rating in Safety.

My Mentor says we can no longer enter TEST Mishaps into SIRS but this is required for the Technician Level.

He suggested I complete the old paper Mishap Report and send it to him and he will review and sign off on those tasks.

My Google-fu must be weak, because I can't seem to find one online.

Does anyone still have one in their personal archives that they can post here or send to me? That or a link to one online?

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

SarDragon

Well, they certainly don't make it easy. (That's a new thing???)

The best I can do is an ancient CAPF 78, from Sep 99, which was superseded by the online system around 2007. The previous safety reg, CAPR 62-2, discussed a downloadable worksheet available in SIRS, but it's not mentioned in CAPR 160-2.

PM me an email address if you want the form.

Edited to add:

I just looked at the SIRS entry page, and it looks like you can fill in all the blanks, do a Print Screen or two to capture the entered data, and then exit without submitting. Having never had the opportunity to use this system, I do not know what additional information can be input after hitting Submit and Continue Data Entry.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Blanding

Quote from: Shuman 14 on December 16, 2021, 11:36:27 PMMy Mentor says we can no longer enter TEST Mishaps into SIRS but this is required for the Technician Level.

Is there something published forbidding entering test mishaps? There are currently 7 test mishaps open in SIRS, and I know more have been deleted this year. Just preface the initial account with something like *Test Entry* and you should be good to go.

Holding Pattern

In May of this year I did a test entry without issue. I'd open up a helpdesk ticket and verify that test entries are still allowed. Once you have that done, review it with your mentor and enter it.

Shuman 14

Quote from: SarDragon on December 17, 2021, 03:01:54 AMWell, they certainly don't make it easy. (That's a new thing???)

The best I can do is an ancient CAPF 78, from Sep 99, which was superseded by the online system around 2007. The previous safety reg, CAPR 62-2, discussed a downloadable worksheet available in SIRS, but it's not mentioned in CAPR 160-2.

PM me an email address if you want the form.

Edited to add:

I just looked at the SIRS entry page, and it looks like you can fill in all the blanks, do a Print Screen or two to capture the entered data, and then exit without submitting. Having never had the opportunity to use this system, I do not know what additional information can be input after hitting Submit and Continue Data Entry.

PM sent, Thanks in advance.
Joseph J. Clune

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Shuman 14

Quote from: Blanding on December 17, 2021, 04:19:00 AM
Quote from: Shuman 14 on December 16, 2021, 11:36:27 PMMy Mentor says we can no longer enter TEST Mishaps into SIRS but this is required for the Technician Level.

Is there something published forbidding entering test mishaps? There are currently 7 test mishaps open in SIRS, and I know more have been deleted this year. Just preface the initial account with something like *Test Entry* and you should be good to go.

I don't know about published but my Mentor is the Wing Safety Officer, and he said not to do it. As he explained it to me, there is no Test mode in SIRS anymore so even if you put a Mishap in with TEST-TEST-TEST as the first line, it still has to follow all the steps from Submitter to Group, to Wing, to Region, to National to get it cleared as completed in SIRS.

He said that the process was under revision because of this. Because of Geographic distance, he can't watch me do it in person up to the point of not hitting the send button so he thought this would be a good work around.
Joseph J. Clune

Eclipse

Quote from: Shuman 14 on December 17, 2021, 03:57:18 PMBecause of Geographic distance, he can't watch me do it in person up to the point of not hitting the send button so he thought this would be a good work around.

Teamviewer
Teams Share Screen
Google Meet Presentation Mode
Zoom Screen share

IOS Facetime point camera at screen

Snipping tool - fill out form, screen capture, email.

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Shuman 14 on December 17, 2021, 03:57:18 PM
Quote from: Blanding on December 17, 2021, 04:19:00 AM

I don't know about published but my Mentor is the Wing Safety Officer, and he said not to do it. As he explained it to me, there is no Test mode in SIRS anymore so even if you put a Mishap in with TEST-TEST-TEST as the first line, it still has to follow all the steps from Submitter to Group, to Wing, to Region, to National to get it cleared as completed in SIRS.

He said that the process was under revision because of this. Because of Geographic distance, he can't watch me do it in person up to the point of not hitting the send button so he thought this would be a good work around.

You could always create a statement of how you would do it.

In order to record a hazard I go to capnhq dot gov. From there I navigate to the Safety section and click on the SIRS link. I then click the following selections (blah blah) and would make decisions for which buttons I choose by (blah blah.) I enter the hazard in the main field. Example hazards could be (blah blah). Upon submission it goes to (blah blah) for processing.

You can even describe this whole process over the phone.

Shuman 14

I appreciate all the alternative suggestions, but I would still like to comply with the directions I was given... put it on the old paper forms.

Can anyone assist me in procuring some?
Joseph J. Clune

arajca