Main Menu

CAP Photo ID

Started by SAR-EMT1, January 24, 2007, 02:34:46 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: gallagheria on February 07, 2007, 09:02:34 PM...In comes a car driven by a colonel. I request ID's and guess who doesn't have theirs? The passenger: Maj. Gen. Hammond, commander of the Georgia Air National Guard. The colonel was as hesitant and nervous as could be getting his out while knowing the general didn't have his. What can I say? I let it slide...

Hammond's running the GAANG now?  I thought he retired after he ran Homeworld Security for a while?

He must have lost a star when he transferred to the Guard.

...or maybe there's a gate in Georgia?

"That Others May Zoom"

SAR-EMT1

the state guard commander is usually a LTG so his deputies ae: NG/CC AG/CC are going to be MGs ... right?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

gallagheria

QuoteHammond's running the GAANG now?  I thought he retired after he ran Homeworld Security for a while?

Not sure. I read his biography after reading this and I don't see anything on there about that. Seems like it might be a different Hammond than who you are thinking of: http://www.dod.state.ga.us/bios/bios.html .

As for the rank structure of most state guards, not sure about all states because our TAG was recently promoted lasted year and he has been in office for years now.

Our TAG is LTG, and the Georgia DOD is composed of three branches: the Army National Guard, Air National Guard, and State Defense Force. The ARNG commander is MG, the ANG commander is MG, and the SDF commander is BG.

Eclipse

Quote from: gallagheria on February 08, 2007, 12:42:45 PM
QuoteHammond's running the GAANG now?  I thought he retired after he ran Homeworld Security for a while?

Not sure. I read his biography after reading this and I don't see anything on there about that. Seems like it might be a different Hammond than who you are thinking of: http://www.dod.state.ga.us/bios/bios.html .

As for the rank structure of most state guards, not sure about all states because our TAG was recently promoted lasted year and he has been in office for years now.

Our TAG is LTG, and the Georgia DOD is composed of three branches: the Army National Guard, Air National Guard, and State Defense Force. The ARNG commander is MG, the ANG commander is MG, and the SDF commander is BG.

Um...yeah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Hammond

"That Others May Zoom"

afgeo4

NYS Adjutant General is a MajGen and his assistant is a BrigGen. He also runs the ArNG, ANG, and NY Guard (Army Div and Air Batt)
GEORGE LURYE

DNall

We've had LtGen & two MG AAGs (ARNG & ANG), then BG at AAG-HLS & a BG at State Guard. I think that's how it is now. Not so long ago it was MG (held by LtGen James) at TAG & Col promoted mid-AAD-Air term & we hadn't changed force size really with the ANG in that time. It's mostly all state commissions anyway, as if it wasn't already confusing enough.