Improved Golf Shirt

Started by JROB, October 15, 2012, 04:03:14 PM

Garibaldi

Quote from: PHall on October 17, 2012, 03:44:23 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on October 17, 2012, 02:02:28 AM
Oh, how tacky. Black is the only way to go.  >:D

White is for Managers. >:D

Can I haz horn-rimmed flight sunglasses?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Blues Brother

Quote from: PHall on October 17, 2012, 03:44:23 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on October 17, 2012, 02:02:28 AM
Oh, how tacky. Black is the only way to go.  >:D

White is for Managers. >:D

specifically division managers that drive a dodge stratus.    :) LOL  (anyone remember the Will Ferrel sketch from Saturday night live?? )

JeffDG

Quote from: JROB on October 17, 2012, 12:19:42 AM
Quoteconsidering the attention the golf-shirt crowd pays to uniforms in general, I doubt you'll get much notice, let alone grief

That's kinda what I figured.
Never thought I'd see the day that you had a polo...

a2capt

In theory, he still doesn't. It's not "correct" ;)

JeffDG

Quote from: a2capt on October 18, 2012, 06:58:24 PM
In theory, he still doesn't. It's not "correct" ;)
It may not be a "uniform", but it's still a polo!

And since it has his name on it, I presume he is in possession thereof.

Майор Хаткевич

I have a CAP HGA Polo.

Nothing wrong with that.

JROB

QuoteNever thought I'd see the day that you had a polo...

I know right....peer pressure.  I still don't have my tactical pants yet and I don't see when I would wear it.

I have my pink staff polo from National Blue Beret  8)
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

bflynn

Quote from: usafaux2004 on October 18, 2012, 07:22:40 PM
I have a CAP HGA Polo.

Nothing wrong with that.

You guys....

Nothing wrong with making your own polo shirt as long as looks are the same.  It might even be cheaper. 

Regs say you "may" purchase from an approved commercial source, it does not require it. 

CAP copyright agreement allows for personal use.  There is little more personal than a uniform with your name on it.

If nobody told you would you even know?

How about we congratuate someone on doing an intelligent and smart thing rather than raking him over the coals?  I know for a lot of people it's more fun to tear someone down than to build them up....but which builds a better community?

Strick

If we have a problem people wearing polos made by a vendor other than VG ,then whydont we have a problem with people whowere wearing the knock off BDU'S that the Hock shop use to sell.  As long as the polo is not red or purple, who cares!. I will say that 5.11 makes a better product. I recently purchasedx a polo from VG and was disappointed in its quaity and fit. 
[darn]atio memoriae

Eclipse

Quote from: Strick on October 20, 2012, 05:38:35 PM
If we have a problem people wearing polos made by a vendor other than VG ,then whydont we have a problem with people whowere wearing the knock off BDU'S that the Hock shop use to sell. 

Who said we didn't?  The pattern and the color were wrong, and could be spotted from 50K feet.

"That Others May Zoom"

Strick

I know those BDU'S were horrible, they faded fast and yes they stuck out. I disliked when new cadets would buy the package and get those BDU'S.
[darn]atio memoriae

abdsp51

Outside of the color differences on the seal, what else is the issue besides it nor being bought from Vanguard?  And bflynn people have complimented the OP on and simply pointed out the errors.  Guess what that is called feedback, the OP received both corrective and supportive feedback on it.  I like it and I have worn plenty of 5.11 products in the past few years and they are an awesome company.  Hell I still wear a pair of boots I bought from them 5 years ago.  The biggest drawback to them is the price but they are worth every penny. 

bflynn

Quote from: abdsp51 on October 20, 2012, 08:24:55 PM
  And bflynn people have complimented the OP on and simply pointed out the errors.  Guess what that is called feedback, the OP received both corrective and supportive feedback on it. 

Thank you for the corrective feedback.

commando1

I want to point out that most embroidery colors can be changed easily due to the nature of an embroidery machine. Its a simple thread change. So if the OP changed the thread colors with the company he bought it from, would there be any other suggestions?
Non Timebo Mala

manfredvonrichthofen

Who cares if it's not from VD? For badges, fine, but actual uniforms? I wouldn't order from them if they guaranteed two hour delivery for free. 5.11 has them beat by leaps and bounds when it comes to uniform quality. I don't wear the Polo, but I might get one if 5.11 offered them out in the open.

Storm Chaser

This custom polo shirt looks good. However, it is not IAW CAPM 39-1 so it can't be used as a CAP uniform in CAP activities. First, the colors of the CAP Seal are not correct as pointed out in a previous post (border is supposed to be yellow), second the name (as displayed in Figure 4-3) has to include first and last name, not just last name, and finally, if the name is used, then an aeronautical rating or specialty badge must also be included. Otherwise, the shirt must be used without the name. While the text does not specified that the Golf Shirt must have a pocket, all the example provided have one. A description of a Golf Shirt in Wikipedia (which I know is not official or binding), states that they "often have a pocket on the left side..." Either way, this is not an approved shirt to wear as nice as it may look.

Eclipse

Quote from: RSalort on November 08, 2012, 09:12:09 PMif the name is used, then an aeronautical rating or specialty badge must also be included. Otherwise, the shirt must be used without the name.

Wings and badges are optional on the golf shirt, regardless of whether the member's name is on the shirt.
Not all members have rating or specialty badge, especially newer ones.

Further, while one photo shows a full name, there's no actual prescription that the full name be present.
It simply says name.

There are three golf shirts approved for wear.  A dark blue knit shirt with
embroidered CAP seal on the right breast and embroidered name and
aeronautical rating or specialty badge on the left breast; a dark blue knit shirt
with embroidered seal on the right breast, without the name or rating on left
breast; and a dark blue knit shirt with the CAP seal screen printed in white
lettering on left breast.  Shirt must be worn tucked in by men unless heat
conditions on the flight line require additional air circulation.  Women may
wear the shirt out of slacks but shirt length must not fall below mid-hips.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

I don't see in 39-1 where it says you must have first and last name, only that the name is optional.

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on November 08, 2012, 09:56:30 PM
Quote from: RSalort on November 08, 2012, 09:12:09 PMif the name is used, then an aeronautical rating or specialty badge must also be included. Otherwise, the shirt must be used without the name.

Wings and badges are optional on the golf shirt.
Yep, what if someone has no wings or badges?

The OP isn't one of those...I know him, but...

FlyTiger77

Quote from: JeffDG on November 08, 2012, 09:58:50 PM
I don't see in 39-1 where it says you must have first and last name, only that the name is optional.

There you go again--clouding the issue. With facts, this time, even...Geez.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP