Main Menu

Uniform Options

Started by KioGoten, May 23, 2010, 09:48:52 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: robert.killion on May 25, 2010, 04:53:12 AM
If professional is what you want, there is no more professional looking uniform than the USAF type uniforms.

I don't disagree with that, however not everyone can wear them.

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

Having multiple uniforms was not a problem when I was a cadet, why is it now? Is it just something for people to argue  about? The problem with the USAF uniform is that some people don't wear it properly. Other than that there should not be a problem. Why can't people just wear them according to the regs? Problem solved, stop wanting people to spend more money on uniforms. The most effective thing we can do with the uniforms is to leave them the way they are.

SJFedor

Quote from: robert.killion on May 25, 2010, 05:13:43 AM
Having multiple uniforms was not a problem when I was a cadet, why is it now? Is it just something for people to argue  about? The problem with the USAF uniform is that some people don't wear it properly. Other than that there should not be a problem. Why can't people just wear them according to the regs? Problem solved, stop wanting people to spend more money on uniforms. The most effective thing we can do with the uniforms is to leave them the way they are.

When you were a cadet, they didn't have CAPTalk to complain about all the uniform variations  >:D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

manfredvonrichthofen

I love the secret squirrel patch, that is awesome.  ;D

I guess if there is anything to get rid of then is CAPTalk... :redx:

DrJbdm

We will always have some people in CAP who want to get rid of the Air Force uniforms. Some because they can't wear it so therefore no one should wear it. Others because they really have a strong dislike for CAP being a military based organization. Yet some want to rid CAP of the uniform because of some misguided desire to make everyone feel equal.

It doesn't matter if we have CAPTALK to air our view points or not, we will always have the argument. Even back in the 80's when most senior members wore the Air Force uniform with blue shoulder marks we still had a vocal minority who desired to have CAP out of the Air Force Uniforms.

We each have our own view points for whatever the reason, but in the end it's simply one persons opinion. Just because their opinion is different from ours it doesn't make their opinion any less meaningful. We are all entitled to feel how we feel, it's what makes us intelligent human beings capable of rational thought and discussion.

Short Field

Quote from: robert.killion on May 25, 2010, 02:54:16 AM
That is just the thing, the plastic if it gets clouded from the heat and humidity the rank in the plastic can look subdued unintentionally.
Never going to happen.  The plastic square with whatever blob is under it will always stand out when compared to subdued cloth rank.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Custer

The most effective thing we can do with the uniforms is to leave them the way they are.

I've heard a couple of people mention a two year moratorium on uniform changes, however I can't find any reference to it or when it supposedly started.

Eclipse

Quote from: Custer on May 25, 2010, 09:44:35 PM
The most effective thing we can do with the uniforms is to leave them the way they are.

I've heard a couple of people mention a two year moratorium on uniform changes, however I can't find any reference to it or when it supposedly started.

It in the minutes of the Spring board meeting.

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Eclipse on May 25, 2010, 09:51:27 PM

What is the (are) uniform change(s)?

Custer

I don't have a CAPID yet so I can't read them.  They are not publicly readable.

Eclipse

Quote from: robert.killion on May 26, 2010, 02:04:42 AM

What is the (are) uniform change(s)?

The approval of the moratorium.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Would the moratorium cover petitioning to keep the modified CSU, as per General Courter's ICL?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Al Sayre

The moratorium doesn't say you can't ask, just that they won't act...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Senior

Blue BDU Pants, CAMO(Woodland, ABU,ACU,Multicam) Coat  and a Blaze Orange(not reflective) hat with the Ranger Crush.  It is available
and distinctive.  Also, the diversity committee may need to have input
to make everything fair and equal. ::) ??? ;) ;)

manfredvonrichthofen

What the Fruit are you talking about Senior? That sounds even worse looking than the Boy Scout's shirts with blue jeans and whatever the hell shoes they dig out of the back yard!

manfredvonrichthofen

I've got it! Go back to the original four corner pocket blues with the original CAP distinctive buttons all everything CAP, we can keep the rank we have because the only thing that is no generic is enlisted ranks, officer ranks are generic. Keep the BDU because no RM branch wears the BDU, and were done. That is pretty [darn] distinct from everyone else. Even senior members in the four corner blues. Because that is no longer an approved USAF uniform it could be adopted as our own and anyone could wear it regardless of weight or grooming standards. Except cadets need to stay within grooming standards. Just to learn and uphold discipline.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: robert.killion on May 27, 2010, 01:31:39 AM
I've got it! Go back to the original four corner pocket blues with the original CAP distinctive buttons all everything CAP, we can keep the rank we have because the only thing that is no generic is enlisted ranks, officer ranks are generic. Keep the BDU because no RM branch wears the BDU, and were done. That is pretty [darn] distinct from everyone else. Even senior members in the four corner blues. Because that is no longer an approved USAF uniform it could be adopted as our own and anyone could wear it regardless of weight or grooming standards. Except cadets need to stay within grooming standards. Just to learn and uphold discipline.

I agree about the four-pocket blues.  I still have mine and I like them a lot better than the current AF service dress.

A couple of our cadets wear them, keep them in good order, and they look good.

However, since they're out of production, sources would be a problem.

We would have to find a different blue shirt to wear underneath to wear the AF one.  Van Heusen make a nice one:

http://garffshirts.com/mensbluetheaviatorlongsleevepilotuniformshirts.aspx
http://garffshirts.com/bluemenstheaviatorshortsleevepilotuniformshirts.aspx

For the ladies:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-86830254305714_2106_629827

But without somehow restarting a production line, I don't see it happening.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

manfredvonrichthofen

Well the beautiful thing about the whole production line is that the Army uses the exact same lines for their greens, all we would have to do is contact the owner of one of those lines and change the color of the fabric... I know it's not as simple as that. I frickin wish it was though.

rmcmanus

I like Killion's idea.  Plain, simple, surely "military" in appearance, and it should be a lot easier than most of the other options recommended.

High Speed Low Drag

Flying Cross Unifrom Jacket (in LAPD Blue) over White/gray combo w/black tie tab with a balck flight cap. (All are on market now)

G. St. Pierre                             

"WIWAC, we marched 5 miles every meeting, uphill both ways!!"