Main Menu

Specialty Badges

Started by krnlpanick, November 30, 2012, 06:01:19 PM

krnlpanick

Where do you wear your specialty badge on your Class A Service Dress? Regs say left breast "pocket" or above the nameplate - I tend to think above the nameplate looks better personally, but I am curious what others think.

Men:  centered below the pocket flap on the left
breast pocket of the service coat or shirt when worn
as an outergarment.  May also be worn centered on
right breast of new style service coat 1/2 inch above
nameplate.
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

RogueLeader

I have a choice of 5, so I wear one below the ribbons, and one above the name plate.

Personal preference is that if only one is worn, it is worn on the left side.

edit to add "if"
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MIKE

Yeah, I think the intent is that if your left pocket is not otherwise occupied it will go there, and above the nameplate is for an additional badge only.  In other words, it is not a fashion choice.
Mike Johnston

Lord of the North

I think you're all missing a significant part of the rules.
A previous post sited the following:
nameplate.

The key words here with respect to wearing a specialty badge on the right side above the nameplate is "new style service coat".  This would seem to mean that when wearing an older style service coat you can't wear a specialty badge on the right side.
Just my opinion.... YMMV

Pylon

Quote from: Lord of the North on November 30, 2012, 11:02:28 PM
I think you're all missing a significant part of the rules.
A previous post sited the following:
nameplate.

The key words here with respect to wearing a specialty badge on the right side above the nameplate is "new style service coat".  This would seem to mean that when wearing an older style service coat you can't wear a specialty badge on the right side.
Just my opinion.... YMMV

Since senior members can't wear the old style jackets, and there are only 2 or 3 specialty badges eligible to be awarded to cadets I would imagine this would be a super rare problem, if not just a complete non-issue, anyway.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Abby.L

I'm authorized one badge, and I always wear it on my right. On my shirt, it's the right-side pocket; on my new style coat, above my nametag(Looks way better, in my opinion; and on my old style, on the right-side pocket, as provided for by note 6 on figure 2-2:
(6. CAP Specialty Badges: New-style: Worn centered 1 1/2 inches below top of welt pocket and/or on right
side centered between arm seam and lapel 1/2-inch above nameplate, only one specialty badge maybe
worn in each location. Old-style: Worn on lower portion of left pocket between left and right edges and
bottom of flap and pocket, and/or on right pocket between left and right edges and bottom of flap and
pocket. Only one badge maybe worn in each location.

Please remember that I mean this when I'm wearing the uniform, not from the viewer's perspective. And I'm not exactly sure why I have it on that side, it's just my preference.  :P
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013