Aviator shirt ribbons

Started by jhsmith400, July 14, 2012, 06:23:10 AM

jhsmith400

I have a question, I recently looked at the 2012 March NB (CAP eServices) notes, and saw a uniform clarification.  Now I have not seen it anywhere else so I'm wondering just what it meant.  The clarification stated that ribbons will NOT be worn on the aviator shirt, does this mean now all ribbons are off the shirt or is it a miss wording of the current reg?  I understand the current reg says no regular military ribbons on the white shirt just CAP ribbons.  The clarification went on to say former military can now wear their military ribbons on days like the 4th of July, is this on the white shirt?  I want to know the facts on this if I can't wear ribbons I'll save the bucks and not buy any replacements or new racks.  This clarification doesn't violate the 2 year no uniform change policy I guess because it is just a very unclear clarification.(man it was easier when I was young thin and met H/W standards) :'(

Abby.L

Wait, where is this? Unless it's a SM only thing, I'm having issues finding it. >:(

Of course, assuming it is a SM only thing, I assume that it's simply clarifying that no military ribbons are to be worn, unless it's the 4th of July(For example only) and a former military man wants to wear his ribbons.

But of course, being unable to find this, take what I said with a grain of salt.  :angel:
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

spacecommand

CAP only ribbons are still authorized for the white aviator shirt, this was authorized by the NB in March of 2002.  Military ribbons (no matter what day it is) are not authorized for the white aviator shirt.

http://capnhq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/422/kw/military%20ribbons/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0MjI1MTcxMC9zaWQvS196TXo1MWw%3D

EDIT:
Ah I got you are reading the Winter Board Agenda from 2012 on page 27 where it says:
There was clarification that the only alternate corporate style uniform is the blazer
slacks/skirt combination.  There was also clarification that ribbons on aviator shirt is not
authorized; however, former military members do wear military decorations on aviator
shirt on the Fourth of July and other national holidays. 
http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/AgendaMar_12__Final_2D0BE17B80C0A.pdf

This line is a bit confusing and in both cases wrong and contradicts 39-1 and ICLs to 39-1.

Unless otherwise noted, you are authorized to wear ribbons (CAP only ribbons) and CAP only badges/ratings etc on the white aviator shirt.  No military ratings/ribbons etc.

Edit again:
I remember there was some discussion about it in the past:

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=14757.0
Starting from Reply #2

SarDragon

That is the agenda, not the minutes - what they're going to talk about, not necessarily what they actually did.

The page 27 thing appears to be a clarification to a Uniform Board proposal, and not a completed action item. Neither item seems to make much sense, though.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ßτε

Nothing to worry about. The context was regarding military ribbons. There was no discussion about CAP ribbons and CAP ribbons are still authorized.