Main Menu

Shoulder Cords

Started by Masterone, October 27, 2011, 04:16:53 AM

Masterone

Hey i had a question concerning how and where i fasten my shoulder cord on my Class A blues uniform. My uniform is the new style and does NOT have epillets on them. Ive seen other officers walking around with the cord in the middle of their shoulder boards, but the manual says it needs to be fastened to the seam. Am i missing something, i just want to bo official. So if anyone can help me out that would be great.

spacecommand

I recommend you use a large safety pin, you can place the pin from inside the jacket coming out to hold the shoulder cord.

RobertAmphibian

Attach at the seam, the regs are right. Safety pins are really good with cords.

CAPC/officer125

If you have the Velcro shoulder boards, just stick it between the layers (between the male and female ends, if you think that way) right at the seam or just to the inside...it should stick. I have worn my cord this way since I became an officer 3 1/2 years ago and have only had a problem when my boards get ripped off somehow. If you don't like the way it hangs around your elbow, take a safety pin and pin it on the seam around your armpit, that makes it look better.
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

Masterone

Thank you all. Its very appreciated.