Main Menu

AF trousers,

Started by jgdeleon31, April 22, 2011, 06:48:31 PM

jgdeleon31

I'm looking online on the Army Air Forces Exchange website the trousers and they sell 2, a Service Trousers - Polyester and the Men's Service Dress Uniform Trousers - Polyester / Wool. here is the link for the polyester one, https://shop.aafes.com/shop/Product.aspx?dept_id=3010&PFID=M202D&gid=5ca4b500&AskReturn=search  and here is link for the other one, https://shop.aafes.com/shop/Product.aspx?dept_id=3010&PFID=M202C&gid=e10eb55a&AskReturn=search I don't know if the link would work for most of you, but which one should I get? is there a difference in color or anything else? I have a 39-1 in hand and can't find anything regarding that. Maybe I'm blind. 

Infantry leads the way.

AlphaSigOU

The trousers are two different shades as well... Poly-wool trousers are Shade 1620 and match the service dress jacket. The polyester double-knit trousers are the darker Shade 1625 and are designed for wear with just the light blue Shade 1550 shirt. (At one time there was a Shade 1625 service dress jacket offered but it's no longer offered for sale at the MCSS.) Don't mix the two shades together; the fabric weave is different on both shades as well.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

jgdeleon31

So If I'm not planning on wearing the services coat " at least for now " I should get the polyesters ones?, and If I do get a coat later on then I will have to buy the poly-wool ones?  Can I just wear the poly-wool without the services coat and save me some money? is it authorized?

Infantry leads the way.

vento

Both 1625 and 1620 are authorized. I would go with the same shade as the Flight Cap (which is BTW of a different shade from the Service Cap).

jgdeleon31

so the ones with the same shade of the flight cap would be the poly-wool ones?

Infantry leads the way.

Hawk200

The polyester ones are designed to be wash and wear, and were created out of consideration for those that wore blues, but no service coat, on a daily basis. for CAP members, a pair of them makes sense. For service dress, get a coat and pants that match, only wear them together, and dry clean them at the same time. Otherwise, use the polyester pants, you can wash them at home.

Flight caps do not need to match pants. From 39-1, Table 2-1, Line 12, and Table 2-2, Line 14: "All shades and materials of cap are authorized with any uniform combination."

Matching the material shades is not necessary. If the hat is faded, that's a different matter.