Converting Enlisted Service Coat

Started by Walkman, November 30, 2010, 04:24:28 AM

Walkman

I know I saw some fairly detailed instructions about doing this somewhere on this board, but my search-fu wasn't strong enough to find it. Can someone either point me in the right direction, or repost the directions here?

Please & Thank you!

DakRadz

I know of two methods-

At some point (I think this might not be available, though hopefully I'm wrong) there was a kit which could be bought for ~$12 from AAFES with all necessary parts- take it to the tailor and voila!

The other involved getting a second, unserviceable enlisted jacket and cutting suitable strips/pieces out of it- once again, take it to the tailor (with proper buttons!) and hey presto!

That's what I've got time for- if nothing else maybe this jogs someone's memory.

manfredvonrichthofen

AAFES does sell conversion kits, because mostly what they sell in store are coats without epaulets because it is easier to put them on than take them off.

PHall

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on November 30, 2010, 05:07:15 AM
AAFES does sell conversion kits, because mostly what they sell in store are coats without epaulets because it is easier to put them on than take them off.

AAFES hasn't had the conversion kits in years. Those kits came about after GEN Fogleman reversed GEN McPeak's sleeve stripe idea.
I've had no problem at all finding officers coats at Clothing Sales. They're usually right nest to the Enlisted Coats.