This is a program I think CAP should be doing

Started by flyguy06, April 05, 2007, 02:44:26 AM

Mustang

I doubt most civilian pilots could conduct it to USAF's standard.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

mikeylikey

Isn't this waht CAP did way back during WW2?  Helped screan prospective Army Aviators?
What's up monkeys?

flyguy06

Quote from: Mustang on June 01, 2007, 06:39:02 AM
I doubt most civilian pilots could conduct it to USAF's standard.

All it is is getting cadets their Private Pilots License and seeing if they can learn in a fast paced environment

Mustang

"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

flyguy06

yes, it is.

http://dossifs.com/

The Initial Flight Screening (IFS) program, under command of Air Education and Training Command (AETC), began operations on 1 October 2006.  Doss Aviation, under contract with United States Air Force (USAF), will conduct flight screening for between 1300 and 1700 USAF 2nd Lieutenants annually. As the Gateway to USAF Aviation, Doss will provide initial flying training allowing students to successfully transition to Undergraduate Flying Training (Pilot and Combat System Officer) at one of several Air Force bases throughout the United States. The 45 acre IFS campus is located immediately adjacent to the Pueblo Memorial Airport, Pueblo, Colorado.

Doss Aviation Inc., headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, has over 29 years of aviation experience in the following specialities and is therefore well-equipped to fulfill the IFS contract.

Mustang

None of which supports your statement:

QuoteAll it is is getting cadets their Private Pilots License

The curriculum bears little resemblance to a private pilot course and does not in fact lead to an FAA certificate--unlike the IFT program it replaced.  It includes only 25 hours of flying and is designed to see if the student can learn and function at an SUPT-like pace.