Someone needs a new flight suit....

Started by Duke Dillio, December 08, 2008, 04:41:22 PM

Duke Dillio

My squadron CC sent this to me yesterday.  This might be one of the reasons that I don't fly much...

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh278/sargrunt/?action=view&current=Pilotomago.flv

D2SK

That's some pretty good computer animation - almost looks real.   ::)
Lighten up, Francis.

Duke Dillio

It is pretty good isn't it?  I could only imagine how badly this would have gone if it was for real.

Pumbaa

Rumor has it that this was fake.. It was posted on another forum.

SWASH

I've heard it's a video of a toy airplane, then somewhere near the end the video is cut and then we see a real airplane and a guy getting out.
CHRIS W. SAJDAK, C/SMSgt, CAP
2006-2007 SERWE Doolie, 2007-2008 SERWE Flight Sergeant
2008 ILWG Summer Encampment Flight Sergeant
08/09 FLWG Winter Encampemnt PAO

EMT-83

It's obvious where the footage of the R/C plane is inserted. I'll bet someone spent lots of time planning and recording the video; it looks pretty good.

Rob Sherlin

They did a pretty good job on that! The way the aircraft kind of only bounced once when it hit the ground with such impact looked kind of wierd though.
To fly freely above the earth is the ultimate dream for me in life.....For I do not wish to wait till I pass to earn my wings.

Rob Sherlin SM, NER-NY-116

desertengineer1

Yeah, this one has been out for a while with several forums worth of fakeness discussions.  My beef was that the prop stopped instantaneously (no inertia = no mass).  Aside from the fact that NO real sized airplane will be controllable in such a situation.

davidsinn

Quote from: desertengineer1 on December 11, 2008, 04:28:29 PM
Aside from the fact that NO real sized airplane will be controllable in such a situation.

Respectfully I beg to differ.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Smithsonia

REGARDING THE ORIGINAL VIDEO IN THIS THREAD -  It is fake and easy to spot. When the plane hits the ground the pilots head doesn't bob, bend, or move, a physical impossibility (it is seen in just a few frames and silhouette)  ... that is a model insertion... then as the plane taxi's it goes blurry for a few frames which is where the full size plane is inserted. The integration of model and full size is good... another place it becomes obvious is when the wing falls off. It breaks clean without debris and under light forces. Again, this would only happen in a model. I've been sent this thing by 4 or 5 sophisticated friends that thought it was real. So it is a good but detectable fake.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

Gunner C

Also, as far as I can tell, there's no tail number on the aircraft, just the word THRILL.  The resolution on my screen isn't all that good, but it doesn't appear to be there.  That says fake to me.

Gunner

winterg

Who cares about the model airplane.  How about that F-15!  Holy cow!!!!!!

Smithsonia

It must've happened before somewhere in time... you know that ol'  aphorism: "Landing on A wing and A prayer."
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

flyerthom

I needed the new flight suit yesterday. We were flying a transplant patient at 18,000 feet when (we in the back) heard this loud CRACK! The pilot said we are diverting home.
When we landed I took this picture:

http://image72.webshots.com/172/7/27/84/2254727840061087363zcDjNq_fs.jpg

Had this failed completely we would of shook hands with those silly yellow masks!
TC

NIN

Permission denied. Try attaching the pic (under "Additional Options.." when posting)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Pylon

Quote from: NIN on December 25, 2008, 11:31:04 PM
Permission denied. Try attaching the pic (under "Additional Options.." when posting)

Just click refresh once or twice when you get the "permission denied" thing, or copy paste the URL into a new window and load.  It's the referring URL reference that's keeping you from loading it.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RogueLeader

w=Whew, close on, glad that wasn't me.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

es_g0d

If you bought off on this video, you need more aerospace education.  For that matter, don't we all?
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

hatentx

Quote from: winterg on December 16, 2008, 04:45:25 AM
Who cares about the model airplane.  How about that F-15!  Holy cow!!!!!!

that is what I was thinking that is amazing.  I guess while we are on mid air type stuff.....

PHall

Probably took a good sized bird to do that to a H-60 windscreen.

You'll probably have no problem getting that particular pilot to fly "visor down" from now on.

SJFedor

Quote from: flyerthom on December 25, 2008, 07:10:01 PM
I needed the new flight suit yesterday. We were flying a transplant patient at 18,000 feet when (we in the back) heard this loud CRACK! The pilot said we are diverting home.
When we landed I took this picture:

http://image72.webshots.com/172/7/27/84/2254727840061087363zcDjNq_fs.jpg

Had this failed completely we would of shook hands with those silly yellow masks!

Ouch. What happened??

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

cadet zimmerman

i have my RC stunt pilot rating and that is a RC for sure. sounds gas not glowplug (gas uses a spark plug while a glow plug just gets very hot and *glows*) i have done that before anyways, you flip a switch on your controller and a servo lets go of the wing and it falls off (a crowd pleaser) the just use  you rudder and elv. to fly.
Kyle S. B. Zimmerman
C/MSgt CAP
In between squadrons