CAC and ES

Started by Chris Jacobs, April 22, 2006, 08:02:42 PM

Chris Jacobs

I was wondering if any one had an opinion on weather or not CAC's should be dealing with ES style business.  CAC is there for cadet programs but do you think that as long as the ES business that is being discussed is about cadets in ES, it would be acceptable.  I am just looking to see if peoples opinions are that CAC's need to stick to cadet program stuff or can talk about anything pertaining to cadets.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

BillB

The primary purpose of the CAC is to provide an avenue of communication up and down the chain of command on matters dealing with cadets or cadet problems. Since any cadet airman or above can take part in some areas (but very limited) of ES, it's very reasonable to discuss ES at least as it refers to cadets.  However, I'll tell you right now, unless it's a local problem, chances are that the various CAC's over the years have brought up probelsm with cadets in ES.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Fearlessleader01

Unless it has something to do with cadets I don't think that cadets should be messing with ES.
C/Maj Joseph Trujillo
NER-CT-058 X0
CTWG CAC Chair
GTM-1, EMT-B

Horn229

I serve as the GBD and CAC Chair in my wing, and I can say the two should be kept seperate. Now if you want to set up a cadet exercise, that's one thing, but I don't even know where a CAC would start if they wanted to handle ES business.

Personally, I think CAC's should start doing what they were intended for, once that is working smoothly, then maybe they should start planning parties and cadet ES stuff.
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

BillB

And what was the CAC originally intended for? As one of three former cadets that wrote the Original CAP regulation on CAC in the 1950's, I don't think that any cadet knows what the original intention was. But even current regulation covers much of what the original reg was, namely to allow cadets an avenue of communications to higher headquarters on problems cadets have. It make no difference if the problem is uniforms, ES or any other matter that cadets are involved in, the CAC allows cadets suggestions to go higher in the chain of command. If there is a problem with a Squadron Commander, the CAC allows the matter to go to higher command level without breaking the chain of command. But looking at what cadets think the CAC exists for, such as authorizing boonie hats and added bling, that was NOT the original intention of the CAC concept.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Horn229

I didn't say "orignally intended for" I said what it's intended for, meaning what's written in the current reg. CAC's shouldn't be planning parties, and coming up with ways to get around the 39-1. It's all about improving the cadet program.

Horn229

Ah, I see how you thought I was talking about originally intended for, since I said "were" instead of "are".

Chris Jacobs

Thank you for the input, i just wanted to get an idea of what other people thought.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron