Cap sUAS Program - The word from Headquarters

Started by etodd, April 12, 2019, 04:40:27 PM

CAP9907

Quote from: etodd on April 12, 2019, 11:57:43 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on April 12, 2019, 11:41:53 PM

Used an SDIS rig lately?  How about an A.R.C.H.E.R. ground station?  Wait, wait, what about GIIEP?

Yep, I understand the hesitancy and frustration from past endeavors.  Those were attempts by CAP to "buy it and they will come".

This one is totally different. This time, its our customers who are saying what to do, what to buy, and are involved to the point of deciding which Wings were trained first, over the last several months. One specific mission  that is already beginning  at multiple locations across the country, is what has already funded this program. 

You don't have to be a cheerleader ... I can handle the job. LOL

QuoteIs there an official reference to a "DOU" somewhere? I can't find it in 20-1 nor in any Duty Assignment. What do they do, what are the responsibilities, what are the minimum qualifications required for appointment? Who do they report to?

Thats what really "burns" some folks, I'm seeing. Sooooo acclimated to everything being online and "official" ... that when something rolls out this quickly, they just cannot fathom how it works. How dare we do SQTRs, F5s, F91s, etc. on mere paper and not have it online yet. Oh, the horror of it all!
A program done with word of mouth and email! Surely its not possible!  LOL

Lol, well yes, that is how we hold people accountable to a defined set of standards and expectations. Ask your local IG or other quality assurance expert how well it works out otherwise with 'word of mouth'.

CAP works to Manuals, Regulations, and clearly defined criteria for Ops Quals. Certifying people to any other standard is not only amateur, but looking for trouble. We should be better than that.

~9907
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

etodd

Quote from: Eclipse on April 13, 2019, 12:14:05 AM
Quote from: etodd on April 12, 2019, 11:57:43 PM
A program done with word of mouth and email! Surely its not possible!  LOL

If that's how you want to run your HOA or personal business, that's your call.

It'll all be in place in due time. 

In the meantime, there's work to do for those of us interested and involved.

(And here I go getting baited again and replying. Geez ... I'll move along now.)

Wanna talk uniforms?  >:D
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

etodd

Quote from: CAP9907 on April 13, 2019, 12:17:23 AM

CAP works to Manuals, Regulations, and clearly defined criteria for Ops Quals. Certifying people to any other standard is not only amateur, but looking for trouble. We should be better than that.

CAPR 70-1u and others, already in place and being used daily ... for those interested enough to request a copy.

Just because you can't Google it, doesn't mean it isn't being used.

Eyes all dotted and tees crossed.  Its all good.

I'll move along now. Too much negativity in this forum tonight.

CAP9907

Quote from: etodd on April 13, 2019, 12:23:35 AM
Quote from: CAP9907 on April 13, 2019, 12:17:23 AM

CAPR 70-1u and others, already in place and being used daily ... for those interested enough to request a copy.

Just because you can't Google it, doesn't mean it isn't being used.

Eyes all dotted and tees crossed.  Its all good.

I'll move along now. Too much negativity in this forum tonight.

If a Member cannot access that Regulation, it does not exist... there is an entire process of review up to CAP-USAF to make this so. I am not using Google, I am using my Wing and Region permissions in eServices as well as capmembers.com. As Eclipse said, this whole thing is the definition of a good ol boys club. If you came to my Region/Wing with supposed paper qualifications and training, I’d tell you ‘thanks but no thanks’ until I could verify them and how they were obtained and to what standard I should hold you to.

Does your 101 card reflect these Ops Quals? I’ll bet it does not because they do not exist at this time.

Here is some advice from a 30 yr Member: slow down and stay in your lane. If/when National wants to roll this out IAW our Regulations, they will.  (Last part is from Col xxyyzz who offered that advice to pass on)  YMMV,

~9907
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

PHall

Just checked the list of current regulations and publications over on the gocivilairpatrol page.
Don't see a CAPR 70-1u listed anywhere, not even the publications submitted for review.
That tells me CAPR 70-1u has not been released yet and that you, etodd are once again jumping the gun, again...
You know, you say you're a small business owner. Would you keep an employee who kept violating the rules you use to run your business?

etodd

Quote from: PHall on April 13, 2019, 01:36:30 AM
Just checked the list of current regulations and publications over on the gocivilairpatrol page.
Don't see a CAPR 70-1u listed anywhere, not even the publications submitted for review.
That tells me CAPR 70-1u has not been released yet and that you, etodd are once again jumping the gun, again...
You know, you say you're a small business owner. Would you keep an employee who kept violating the rules you use to run your business?

Asked and answered numerous times in many threads here. No use in repeating it.

No rules violated.  The new full time employee at Hdqs hired to roll all this out gave a fantastic briefing recently at a Wing Conference, and is encouraging all of us who are interested to help make it all happen quickly. Hdqs is down to one IT person last I heard, and can't keep up.  This new Program cannot wait for it  The official documents are sent to interested parties, which you and a few others here obviously are not.

If you are not interested, why keep reading the sUAS Forum?

Let no one ever call it a "good old boy club" ... all have been invited.  I tried.  :)

G'nite all.

Larry Mangum

Quote from: etodd on April 12, 2019, 08:37:06 PM
Enough eager beavers like me in every Wing, that the new DOUs are not having to send out Wing wide emails to try and draft people. They are already very busy training the members that are interested enough and are "self starters". Which is exactly what this program needs. People with initiative. Not those who sit back and wait to be asked.

This is exactly how the good ole boy club does it. Instead of everyone being invited by the wing DO shop, a select few are chosen and they run the program. It does not take long when that happens for them to become gate keepers and they decide who gets into the program. After all no one can challenge them because the regulations and procedures to become qualified are still in development.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Larry Mangum

If etodd wants to discuss the article that is in the Volunteer, I am happy to leave this topic open. However, if he wants to go off on a path and encourage people to go off on unapproved tangents, then this topic will be locked. We will be monitoring to see how this goes.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001