Main Menu

Model Rocketry Badge

Started by C/2d Lt, August 07, 2012, 01:14:47 AM

C/2d Lt

I just got assigned to the staff position of flight sergeant. I was hoping to have everyone in my flight receive the model rocketry badge by the next staff changes for something extra and not just have cadets promoting. Do you think this is reasonable and how should I approach it.
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

Eclipse

Quote from: Cadet on August 07, 2012, 01:14:47 AM
I just got assigned to the staff position of flight sergeant. I was hoping to have everyone in my flight receive the model rocketry badge by the next staff changes for something extra and not just have cadets promoting. Do you think this is reasonable and how should I approach it.

It's an interesting idea - objective goals which can actually be met are a good way to get a team to come together.

That's going to be a pretty aggressive goal if you don't already have a rocketry program running - you'll also need a few invested seniors, assuming you don't already have some engaged AEOs.

How much time do anticipate between staff changes?  Fall is a great time to do launches, though this year will be dicey in many parts of the country because of the drought.

"That Others May Zoom"

C/2d Lt

We already have a program and there are three months untill staff changes.
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

C/2d Lt

The only problem that I can think of is motivating the cadets to study for the test.

Eclipse

Quote from: Cadet on August 07, 2012, 01:29:34 AM
The only problem that I can think of is motivating the cadets to study for the test.

At that level the badge and the goal should be enough - maybe have a pizza party or something if the whole team makes it.

"That Others May Zoom"