CAP squadrons on military non-USAF bases?

Started by Holding Pattern, December 02, 2019, 05:46:17 AM

Holding Pattern

Are there or have there been CAP squadrons on Army/Navy installations (excluding joint bases)?

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

CAP9907

Yes. We have one on an ARNG base in the Region.
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

NIN

There have been plenty of CAP units on Active Duty facilities that aren't specifically USAF facilities. Thats harder and harder to delineate these days due to the "joint bases" concepts, of course..

Fort Drum, Fort Leonard Wood, Fort Pickett, Wheeler Army Airfield in Hawaii, all come to mind.

I'm sure there are others.

That doesn't take in to account the myriad of CAP units that meet at Army Reserve, Army National Guard, Navy Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve & Coast Guard facilities.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

My squadron is located on a Naval Weapons Station. No different then meeting on any other federal facility.

Fester

Mine meets at an Army National Guard Armory.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

swodog

While technically not behind the gates, Naval Support Activity Millington provides CAP with a building and full heat/air electricity paid.

jb3

Fort Bragg. Used to be Pope AFB though so its kind of a technicality!

MSG Mac

No Fort Bragg was always Fort Bragg. Pope AFB was always Pope AFB.  The Joint Base nomenclature means that one Commander is responsible for the physical and administrative needs of the base.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

PHall

Quote from: MSG Mac on December 03, 2019, 07:19:41 PM
No Fort Bragg was always Fort Bragg. Pope AFB was always Pope AFB.  The Joint Base nomenclature means that one Commander is responsible for the physical and administrative needs of the base.

Nope, Fort Bragg absorbed Pope AFB. This is not a Joint Base. It's now all Fort Bragg and the airfield is now the Pope AAF.