National Blue Beret

Started by Airrace, July 10, 2009, 11:36:35 PM

Airrace

Any recomendations on what to bring or what to expect at the  National Blue Beret this year. It's my first time and I am looking for a schedule and helpful items and ideas.

Do you need to bring a canteen and belt or will a camelback work?

Pace

My brief recommendations:
A decent poncho or goretex jacket
A camera
Mesquito repellant
Spending money (as much as you feel like spending for antiques, misc stuff, aviation vendor booths, food, and your flight's night out)

Some people like to trade unique patches and challenge coins if your unit has one.

NBB should have provided you with a schedule and list of items to bring and not to bring.  If you don't have one, I'll try to get ahold of them for you.
Lt Col, CAP

infinitefoxfire75

I would like to go to National Blue Beret Next year but I have still yet to go to a basic encampment.  Are there any requirements for this encampment? I'm eager to go and would like to know more information. Any thoughts/comments
c/TSgt Rosebel Jeni-Lei Belong
WOCS HI-075 (Hawaii)
Cadet Admin/Personnel NCO

"If you like talk, hit me up! No Shame! Mahalo & Ā hui hou aku"

CadetProgramGuy

Due to NBB being a NCSA, a basic encampment is required.

I would try to find a winter encampment before the deadline for NCSA applications.

Airrace

Hello:

Glad to hear you had a UDF find today. Anything you can post about the National Blue Beret is appreceated. We have a son attending the event and have not heard much from him so anything you can post would be great to hear.

Are the cadets able to see the concert on Sunday? (Dobby Brothers)

My son Cadet Senior Airman Campbell is at the National Blue Beret. I am not sure if you know him but if you happen to see him please say hello to him and tell him how proud we are of him being selected to attend the National Blue Beret. Mom, Dad, Andy and Chris Campbell

Thanks
Bill Campbell

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: Airrace on July 26, 2009, 04:56:49 AM
Hello:

Glad to hear you had a UDF find today. Anything you can post about the National Blue Beret is appreceated. We have a son attending the event and have not heard much from him so anything you can post would be great to hear.

Are the cadets able to see the concert on Sunday? (Dobby Brothers)

My son Cadet Senior Airman Campbell is at the National Blue Beret. I am not sure if you know him but if you happen to see him please say hello to him and tell him how proud we are of him being selected to attend the National Blue Beret. Mom, Dad, Andy and Chris Campbell

Thanks
Bill Campbell

I am not attending NBB, I have 2 friends there on assignment.  Both are TAC's

Airrace

Hello:

Do you have a link to the facebook update?

Thanks

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: Airrace on July 26, 2009, 03:28:48 PM
Hello:

Do you have a link to the facebook update?

Thanks

I get a direct feed from my friends status updates.  There is a NBB facebook page, but I don't know if they are updating it or not.  I will look later on for ya.