Encampment packing list..

Started by airmaneaster12, June 29, 2013, 07:56:55 PM

airmaneaster12

Hello I'm a C/A1C and am attending m first encampment in August, I need a general reference on what to pack to encampment! If you need to know I'm going to the Washington wing encampment!

PCR-WA-002
The best Airman in the fighting force!

lordmonar

I would try the WAWG web site for a packing list...or links to the encampment staff and ask them.

Unless you luck out and get a WAWG encampment staff member here on CT anything we tell you will be suspect.

Bottom line,  Take everything on the list, and take only things on the list.

Have fun.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

a2capt

Lint roller, other uniform prep stuff.. but thats it. If it's not on the list. Leave it at home. You won't have a chance to do anything with it anyway.

Garibaldi

I've seen it all. Cadets who bring everything and then some, cadets who somehow are under the impression that the list doesn't apply to them and show up in their one set of BDUs and underwear, cadets who subvert the contraband rules...The only way to guarantee everyone brings what they are supposed to is the good ol' bag drag the meeting prior to leaving. Worked for us, gave the cadets time to get the items they lacked and above all...PROPER HAIRCUTS. Didn't cut out some of the staff trying to subvert the contraband, but then, they should know better.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Joystick

Pretty much follow the packing list. But if your encampment is anything like mine was, I suggest at least three PT shirts and two PT pants. They get wet and dirty quick. Also, if possible, towels  that dry quick, or can dry stashed away in footlockers. The most annoying thing for me was having to reuse the wet towels that smelled mildewy because they didn't have time to dry. Pack an extra ruler if you think of it, they seem to eat themselves up at encampment. Good luck with your encampment! It is an awesome experience.

RockRat

Make sure to bring necessary hygiene items (ie: bar soap, shampoo, DEODORANT) and a trusty towel. Also, be sure to bring at least 2 or 3 pairs of blousing bands (they are a necessity in order to maintain your sanity). Good luck and enjoy yourself!
STAFF MEMBER

area051

If you haven't received your Welcome Letter email with the packing list attached, it means your registration is not complete. The best way to find out what your are missing is to email the Executive Officer at cascadefalcon@wawg.cap.gov.

Respectfully,

RyAnne Stanley, Capt, CAP
Executive Officer
Cascade Falcon XVIII
Washington Wing

lucky19

Bring ONLY what is on the list, but make sure to bring EVERYTHING that is on the list.

If anything else, I would say bring a few extra (more then the number on the list) black shirts, black socks, and white socks. Also an extra set or two of PT shorts wouldn't hurt. Shirt stay is also something you are probably going to want to bring. If you can, buy one of these

http://www.vanguardmil.com/uniform-measuring-gauge-p-13786.html

It is a simple uniform gauge, small enough to fit into the pocket of your BDU or in your binder. Extremely helpful to have.

Eclipse

I bought one of those, and honestly found a clear 6" ruler easier to use.

"That Others May Zoom"