Main Menu

Maine Encampments

Started by Almoster, June 17, 2010, 03:09:14 AM

Almoster

I just join CAP in Maine and i was wonderning if there are any Encampments in Maine and if not were are they?

davidsinn

Quote from: Almoster on June 17, 2010, 03:09:14 AM
I just join CAP in Maine and i was wonderning if there are any Encampments in Maine and if not were are they?

All of your questions would be better answered by asking your flight sergeant.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

DC

Here is a list of encampments off the National website. It is incomplete, however, so just because a specific encampment is not mentioned does not mean it doesn't exist.

Talk to your Flight Sergeant like davidsinn said, they will most likely be able to answer your question better.

Raja1020

I'm not sure but for Wisconsin wing's encampment you must pass C/amb (Airman Basic ). are you C/amn yet?

CAPSGT

Quote from: Cadet Shawn Bhatti on June 17, 2010, 12:06:18 PM
I'm not sure but for Wisconsin wing's encampment you must pass C/amb (Airman Basic ). are you C/amn yet?

CAP Regulation 52-16 (Cadet Programs Management) requires any cadet who attends encampment to have completed Achievement 1 (i.e. have been promoted to C/Amn)
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

jimmydeanno

I don't believe that Maine is conducting their own encampment this year, they've partnered with New Hampshire Wing.  New Hampshire Wing holds their encampment at Norwich University.  Here's the information page: http://nhwgcap.org/_cadet02/

Also, there is the NER Cadet Academy (info here: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzex7uv5/id1.html).  However, rumor has it that the Maine Wing Commander has told MEWG members that they can't attend - in order to promote the Norwich Encampment.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Nilsog

No rumor about it. Ill confirm. Col. LeClair has taken a pretty firm stance, and is requiring waiverzs only he can approve for cadets who wish to attend NERCA.

ME Wing is planning an encampment at Bog Brook next summer though.
Kenneth Goslin
1st Lt., CAP