Main Menu

ES Training Contest

Started by Auxpilot, August 21, 2008, 05:38:51 PM

Auxpilot

I would like to propose a contest for the best user generated CAP ES training tools. Could be Powerpoint, Word files, Mpeg video whatever.

If you or your squadron ES god has created a training tool that you think would benefit the rest of us CAP ES folks, post a link to it so we can all benefit from your creative wisdom.

One of the most frequent complaints from new members is that we do not train them fast enough. Most of us have day jobs so our time is limited. NHQ has not done too much in recent history to help in this area so lets see what we can do ourselves.

The winner will be awarded the Fickle Finger of Fate award, along with the gratitude of all who benefit.

Thanks

Auxpilot

sarmed1

I cant really post it becasue it's not an on the web sort of thing....sorry its like 300mb
But when I was the ES officer for a squadron in FL I developed an ES training disk set up in Web absed IE format....it was set up to  provide links to all of the ES documents and PPT's you would need to complete the General ES course including the link to the NHQ site to take the test.  Additional local level training documents, PPT's and videos were included.  (First aid. CPR overviews and hand outs, fire extinguisher etc) It had links for external training such as FEMA EMI.  Then also training documents and PPT's for begining other specialties...ie GTM, FLM, Scanner and MRO (sort of read ahead materials) 

The plan being that you would hand the disk to the new ES interested member, they would do most of the "classroom" and reading on their own time, then you could do a short session to fill in the blanks for the basics, then when they were ready to move onto a specialty they could read ahead so the actual classroom time was more review and you could spend more time on hands on training rather than the "background" info that though nescesary, really ate up a lot of training time.

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

stratoflyer

Sounds neat! How about you break it up into parts and send them to someone who could post it on a website, a sort of "unofficial CAP ES training website" to supplement the national stuff.

I'm in the process of getting my ES stuff done but it sure is scattered around. I always find myself asking questions to my squadron ES folks. But it's cool 'cause they sure know a heck of a lot!!
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

eehite

sarmed1,

Take a look at megaupload.com. You can upload a file as large as 500MB and post a link for folks to download it.