ICL for Phaseout of CSU posted

Started by ßτε, February 16, 2010, 04:49:14 PM

Hawk200

Quote from: Platelet on March 11, 2010, 06:59:23 PM
I want ORANGE Flight Suits back, most of what we do is SAR, or related.
In many places at certain times of the year, you will absolutely guarantee that you won't be found. Orange isn't always the answer. Blue is actually the most effective for year round visibility.

And just because it's orange doesn't necessarily mean that people are going to think it's SAR. Many would think you're a DAC pilot.

Custer

Quote from: CyBorg on May 11, 2010, 01:19:59 AM
What the heck is that "BG" doing wearing CAP ribbons?

I think those are a CAP observer wings as well.  And that badge under the ribbons  I *think* is Coast Guard Aux.  But the point I was making is that this person is wearing a current US Army uniform which is no different from active duty,  at least as near as I can tell from the picture.  The nameplate seems to be a standard army black one and the slide on ranks are not a different color.  The only way to differentiate him from real US Army are the ribbons, are all from him being an LTC in CAP.

Hes also a Colonel in the Alabama SDF, and a  Lieutenant Colonel in CAP.  The Coast guard Aux only gave him O2, but hes in that as well

And his actual USAF rank?   E5.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: PHall on May 11, 2010, 01:26:26 AM
Don't be so sure of that. What does the CGA or  the Sea Cadets uniform regs say?

CGAux I know from personal experience.

Sea Cadets, here's a couple of ribbon checkers:

http://resources.seacadets.org/award/ribbonchecker.html

http://kingsbayseacadets.org/ribbons/index.php
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

MIKE

He's right about the CGAUX.  I just get to wear my CGUC, none of my CAP bling. http://fellowship.d11nuscgaux.info/AUXmanual/AuxManCh10.pdf (Pg. 35)
Mike Johnston

JC004

Quote from: Custer on May 11, 2010, 01:51:04 AM

I think those are a CAP observer wings as well.  And that badge under the ribbons  I *think* is Coast Guard Aux.  But the point I was making is that this person is wearing a current US Army uniform which is no different from active duty,  at least as near as I can tell from the picture.  The nameplate seems to be a standard army black one and the slide on ranks are not a different color.  The only way to differentiate him from real US Army are the ribbons, are all from him being an LTC in CAP.

Hes also a Colonel in the Alabama SDF, and a  Lieutenant Colonel in CAP.  The Coast guard Aux only gave him O2, but hes in that as well

And his actual USAF rank?   E5.

Man.  This guy has nearly as many ranks at one time as exist altogether...   ;)

Fuzzy

Man you know the US Rangers have been staying pretty quiet. I had assumed that this was because the whole organization didn't really exist except on paper. But this guy has a whole uniform decked out... and isn't in Florida.

The website is as lame as ever though.
C/Capt Semko

Major Carrales

I would not disrespect Lt Col Freeman as is being done here.  He has paid many years of service to CAP going back to when cadets wore khakis.  Show some dignity and let it go.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

lordmonar

Isn't there something in 39-1 about CAP ribbons only being worn on CAP uniforms?

If you are not in CAP who cares about 39-1 (heck a lot of people in CAP don't care about 39-1)  ;)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Major Carrales on May 11, 2010, 03:27:58 AM
I would not disrespect Lt Col Freeman as is being done here.  He has paid many years of service to CAP going back to when cadets wore khakis.  Show some dignity and let it go.

He's disrespecting CAP by associating CAP items with USRC

Major Carrales

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on May 11, 2010, 06:20:48 AM

Have you contacted him and told him that?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

flyboy53

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on May 11, 2010, 06:20:48 AM

How?

So what if he has a fortune in uniforms in his closet? So what if he has the time to spend in so many quasi-military organizations? I don't even know the guy, do you? How can you be so critical?

The real tragedy here is that HWSRN or HWSNBN was capable of leaving this organization in disgrace and form something that seems to be slowly growing.

I would worry that the U.S. Ranger Corps would gain such popularity that it over-shadows the CAP in the future. In some ways, the CAP is in a real morass...look at how we debate this uniform. Instead, we, as an organization, need to continually strive to be at the top of our game and get beyond issues like this that really muddy the water and make us look rediculous in the end.

Ever wonder what would happen if we, as senior members, undertook the same standards held in WW II where we did PT and marched? Ever wonder what might happen if the politics, that seem to run so rampant in our organization, were removed by a formal Air Force-like selection process of our commanders and for promotions? Ever wonder what it would be like if we would stop trying to build justifications for more generals and we could keep to one uniform standard?

cachambliss

7 pages:  Much ado about nothing.  When I consider the overall missions of the Civil Air Patrol and how much the organization as a whole has to offer the nation and the youth in particular I am amazed that so many people waste so much energy on what amounts to nothing.  It is the pride in the self and the organization that marks the member, not the faux military trappings.
   Maybe we should all get our rank insignia tattooed on our shoulders and then run around naked (side benefit-many members would lose the extra pounds).  Then we would all be distintive and uniform and it would not cost a lot.

tdepp

^^^^^ :clap:
Missions first.  (Ok, safety first.)  Uniforms fifteenth.
Todd D. Epp, LL.M., Capt, CAP
Sioux Falls Composite Squadron Deputy Commander for Seniors
SD Wing Public Affairs Officer
Wing website: http://sdcap.us    Squadron website: http://www.siouxfallscap.com
Author of "This Day in Civil Air Patrol History" @ http://caphistory.blogspot.com