Main Menu

boonie hats

Started by 1sgtarcherCT062, June 01, 2008, 07:31:51 PM

1sgtarcherCT062

Are the boonie hats now allowed on the BDU uniform. There has been recent talk about it in my home squadron. And i believe it is, but I'm just making sure

-C/CCMsgt Zachary Archer

Eclipse

No.

They are only allowed with the blue field uniform, not the woodland camo bdu.

"That Others May Zoom"

1sgtarcherCT062

Are you sure that is a national thing, and not just a wing rule?

Eclipse

Yes.

Boonie hats were approved by the board at the last meeting, however the USAF must approve any changes to the USAF-Style uniform combinations we wear.

The board indicated its intentions to submit a request for boonies over the camo BDUs (among other changes), however when they will and/or if the USAF will approve is is TBD.

Since CAP controls the majority of our corporate uniforms, the board can approve changes immediately for them, which they did.

FYI - if it were a wing rule, either authorizing or prohibiting something, it would have to be in the form of an NHQ approved and published supplement, which you would then have access to.

"That Others May Zoom"

1sgtarcherCT062

Thanks for that, i just recently purchased one, and thought it was a waste of money, but now im assuming it will be allowed within the next couple of months?

Eclipse

Not an assumption you should make.

As I said, there is no indication when the board will submit the request, nor when or if the USAF will consider it.

There are plenty of uniform requests which die on the table without approval.

I seriously doubt they will be approved for the 2008 summer season.

"That Others May Zoom"

mikeylikey

Quote from: 1sgtarcherCT062 on June 01, 2008, 07:58:28 PM
Thanks for that, i just recently purchased one, and thought it was a waste of money, but now im assuming it will be allowed within the next couple of months?

We don't even know what color, or variety or even brand will be accepted.  Heck, I am sure the sole supplier will be Vanguard anyway. 
What's up monkeys?

Hawk200

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 01, 2008, 08:55:14 PM
We don't even know what color, or variety or even brand will be accepted.  Heck, I am sure the sole supplier will be Vanguard anyway. 

It will probably end up a very specific shade that is not available anywhere else. Vanguard will spend about 38 cents per hat dying them the proper shade. They will then charge $32.95 for it, and take 19 days to ship it to you.

(Me? Cynical? What gave you that idea?  >:D )

JayT

Quote from: 1sgtarcherCT062 on June 01, 2008, 07:58:28 PM

Total waste of money.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Hawk200

Quote from: JThemann on June 01, 2008, 09:39:20 PM
Total waste of money.

Which is the downside to being an "early adopter".

mikeylikey

Quote from: JThemann on June 01, 2008, 09:39:20 PM
Total waste of money.

I was going to say that, but didn't want to upset yet another Cadet.   >:D 
What's up monkeys?

Hawk200

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 01, 2008, 09:41:54 PM
I was going to say that, but didn't want to upset yet another Cadet.   >:D 

Since when?  ;D  >:D

JohnKachenmeister

The USAF is very unlikely to approve the use of the bush hat. 

Sorry to spash cold water on your dreams, but you need to hear that.

Just call me the "Simon Cowell" of CAPM 39-1!   ;D
Another former CAP officer

mikeylikey

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on June 01, 2008, 10:00:49 PM

Dawg......don't go ruining his dreams!   :D
What's up monkeys?

lordmonar

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on June 01, 2008, 10:00:49 PM
The USAF is very unlikely to approve the use of the bush hat. 

Sorry to spash cold water on your dreams, but you need to hear that.

I don't know about that....With the USAF going to ABUs, they may not be so hot on allowing us to wear the boonie.

This is one of those things that will just die with time....even if they allow us to wear the boonie...once we switch to the ABUs...there will be no more boonie hats.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Pylon

The Air Force already denied CAP's request once for wear of the boonie hat.  So CAP went back to the drawing board and the NB voted to try for the blue boonie instead of woodland, for wear with the woodland BDUs.  We'll see how far that one flies if and when we get a response from the AF.

But you can wear it if you have Blue BDUs.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: Pylon on June 02, 2008, 01:43:09 AM
The Air Force already denied CAP's request once for wear of the boonie hat.  So CAP went back to the drawing board and the NB voted to try for the blue boonie instead of woodland, for wear with the woodland BDUs.  We'll see how far that one flies if and when we get a response from the AF.

But you can wear it if you have Blue BDUs.

The blue boonie is worn with the blue field uniform, the request was made to wear the camo boonie with the woodland BDU's.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

Quote from: Eclipse on June 02, 2008, 02:00:12 AM
The blue boonie is worn with the blue field uniform, the request was made to wear the camo boonie with the woodland BDU's.

Oh, my mistake.  Well that should be interesting, since it'd be identical to the proposal the AF already denied.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: Pylon on June 02, 2008, 02:06:42 AM
Oh, my mistake.  Well that should be interesting, since it'd be identical to the proposal the AF already denied.

Yep.

"That Others May Zoom"