NASAR Qualification Patches

Started by MIKE, July 31, 2005, 05:14:15 PM

MIKE

QuoteCAPM 39-1 Table 6-4. Wear of Badges, Patches, and Devices on Flight Suits, BDUs, Utility Uniforms and Field
Uniforms. 25 NASAR Qualification Patches embroidered on the right sleeve 1/2 inch below shoulder seam of BDU or field uniform shirt, BDU field jacket, utility uniform or flight suit

www.nasar.org

My question is what constitutes a "Qualification Patch"?  Do you have to include an arch denoting a NSAR qualification like SARTECH II?  Can you just wear the NASAR patch if you are a card carrying member of NASAR?  Apparently I am a member of NASAR and didn't know it, and just never got the membership card as I am a member of an area SAR team associated with NASAR.
Mike Johnston

PA Guy

Since it says "qualification" I think it means that you must hold a NASAR qualification not just membership.

Matt

Maybe.  The way I precieve it, and it may be wrong, would be something similar to Hawk's Patch.  You earn the initial patch for attendence (Membership to NASAR) and then for each additional qual/rating you place the arch on it.  Best bet would be to call Nat'l or ask your personnel officer.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>