ACU Pre-orders Available

Started by MIKE, May 25, 2005, 10:03:48 PM

MIKE

Army Combat Uniform (ACU) Shirt
Army Combat Uniform (ACU) Trousers
ACU Insignia

This new uni has some neat features.  I'd love to see some of them adopted for a new USAF or CAP utility uniform.
Mike Johnston

John

Unless the AF decides to steal more things from the new Army Uniform (could happen), it's pretty unlikely you'll see anything other than what the new AF uniform already adopted. And CAP would never use an Army uniform.

md132

Agreed.  Besides isn't USAF still working on a new Utility uniform or has it been approved? 

Schmidty06

As I understand,the Air Force has pulled the plug on the new AF tigerstripe uniform.  Instead, they are taking the new ACU and adding some blue into the pattern. 

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: Schmidty06 on June 19, 2005, 08:47:05 PM
As I understand,the Air Force has pulled the plug on the new AF tigerstripe uniform.  Instead, they are taking the new ACU and adding some blue into the pattern. 
what are you guys all talking about
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquí yo vengo.

MIKE

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 24, 2005, 08:06:43 PM

New uniforms which are planned to replace the Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) in the near future.
Mike Johnston

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: MIKE on June 24, 2005, 08:30:44 PM

New uniforms which are planned to replace the Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) in the near future.

SIR,
How near, i mean for the future are you talking about.
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

MIKE

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 24, 2005, 08:32:36 PM
Quote from: MIKE on June 24, 2005, 08:30:44 PM

SIR,
How near, i mean for the future are you talking about.

A few years... Historically, it takes CAP a bit longer to adopt a new uniform after it has been adopted by the USAF... There should be a reasonable phase in period when either uniform would be authorized, giving you enough time to wear out you existing BDUs...  Also, CAP may not adopt the AFUU... We may wear something else like the blue BDU's.
Mike Johnston

Cadet Bonnett

Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

MIKE

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 24, 2005, 08:50:01 PM
blue, why blue. seems weird

'cause we already have the CAP Distinctive Field Uniform which both seniors and cadets can wear.  Its basically a plain blue BDU, and it doesn't look half bad with the current full color CAP insignia.

I would prefer that we continue to be authorized the the current Air Force style utility uniform (whatever that may be) and retain the CAP distinctive utility uniforms as precisely that, but only time will tell and the decisions not up to me.
Mike Johnston

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: MIKE on June 24, 2005, 09:13:20 PM
Quote from: Cheergirl on June 24, 2005, 08:50:01 PM
blue, why blue. seems weird

'cause we already have the CAP Distinctive Field Uniform which both seniors and cadets can wear.  Its basically a plain blue BDU, and it doesn't look half bad with the current full color CAP insignia.

I would prefer that we continue to be authorized the the current Air Force style utility uniform (whatever that may be) and retain the CAP distinctive utility uniforms as precisely that, but only time will tell and the decisions not up to me.

i see. I think that we should stay with the Camo BDU'S is makes so much more since doesn't it. I think that the camo BDU's are awesome and show the community that we are part of a Professional organization...
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Pylon

Quote from: Christini see. I think that we should stay with the Camo BDU'S is makes so much more since doesn't it. I think that the camo BDU's are awesome and show the community that we are part of a Professional organization...

How does a particular fabric pattern indicate "professionalism" over another pattern?  Wearing the new-style Air Force uniforms or wearing the currently-authorized CAP distinctive BDUs don't make us look any less professional.

Staying with the camo pattern may not be an option, if you have carefully read the discussion.  Since every service branch is moving away from the Woodland Camo BDUs and getting their own distinctive uniforms for the field, the supply of woodland camo BDUs will begin to dry up and become difficult to buy.   This happened to CAP once already, when the AF changed from the pickle-suits to the woodlands.

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

arajca

Quote from: Christin on June 26, 2005, 02:37:57 PM
i see. I think that we should stay with the Camo BDU'S is makes so much more since doesn't it. I think that the camo BDU's are awesome and show the community that we are part of a Professional organization...

What increases the perception of professionalism is a neat appearance, not what color your uniform is. What reinforces that perception is how we perform our duties/taskings/jobs.  We have all seen pictures of professional looking bdus and very non-professional bdus.

From my experience, our current bdu, while revered by many in CAP, doesn't mean diddly-squat outside of it; and has been known to garner disparaging remarks because of our full color insigna, patches, etc. The field uniform, OTH, looks much better with the full color insignia, patches, etc, because it is a solid color.

Cadet Bonnett

i see. However what i was trying to say was if the air force and the USAFA decides to turn to all blue wouldn't we be more likely to be discovered while in battle. As we all know, the USAF does not only fight in the air, it also has ground teams. So if all blue is the new uniform, what exactly is the purpose. I know that it would look alot better with the insignia, and we wouldn't get rude comments or anything but think about the possibilities of the full blue uniform.

I agree that the Blue uniform would look awesome with our ribbons and insignia's however wouldn't we be more noticible to eniemies. Wait is the USAF adopting the blue BDU.
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Pylon

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 28, 2005, 11:58:16 PM
i see. However what i was trying to say was if the air force and the USAFA decides to turn to all blue wouldn't we be more likely to be discovered while in battle. As we all know, the USAF does not only fight in the air, it also has ground teams. So if all blue is the new uniform, what exactly is the purpose. I know that it would look alot better with the insignia, and we wouldn't get rude comments or anything but think about the possibilities of the full blue uniform.

I agree that the Blue uniform would look awesome with our ribbons and insignia's however wouldn't we be more noticible to eniemies. Wait is the USAF adopting the blue BDU.

No, you read the discussion wrong.  Let's break this down:

The Blue uniform is a current uniform of CAP.  It is not going to be adopted by the US Air Force.

The US Air Force has just released a new camoflage pattern uniform, similar to the US Army's new digital camoflage uniform, which they will be adopting soon.  They will no longer be using the woodland BDUs much in the US Air Force, nor will they be using it in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy or Coast Guard.

This means that CAP may not be able to get the current Woodland camflage BDUs we use now for much longer.  If this is the case, this means that CAP will have probably two main options:  CAP will have to either go entirely to the Blue BDUs we use now, or CAP will possibly pursue using the new USAF uniform in the same way we now use the Woodland BDUs.

Clear as mud?  :)

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: Pylon on June 29, 2005, 12:34:12 AM
Quote from: Cheergirl on June 28, 2005, 11:58:16 PM

No, you read the discussion wrong.  Let's break this down:

The Blue uniform is a current uniform of CAP.  It is not going to be adopted by the US Air Force.

The US Air Force has just released a new camoflage pattern uniform, similar to the US Army's new digital camoflage uniform, which they will be adopting soon.  They will no longer be using the woodland BDUs much in the US Air Force, nor will they be using it in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy or Coast Guard.

This means that CAP may not be able to get the current Woodland camflage BDUs we use now for much longer.  If this is the case, this means that CAP will have probably two main options:  CAP will have to either go entirely to the Blue BDUs we use now, or CAP will possibly pursue using the new USAF uniform in the same way we now use the Woodland BDUs.

Clear as mud?  :)

Kind of, however my squadron has the woodland BDU'S... ???
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Pylon

Quote from: Cheergirl

It has nothing to do with what squadron you are in.

Any CAP member can wear either the Blue BDUs or the Woodland BDUs, right now.  Starting next week, you could wear Blue BDUs to your meeting.

Blue BDUs and the Blue Flight Suit are also the only field uniform options for Senior Members who do not meet the Height/Weight requirements or grooming requirements to wear the Air Force-style uniforms (meaning the woodlands or blues service dress uniform).

In addition to that, regardless of what your squadron wears now, it doesn't matter if the supply of them dries up.  Suppliers won't be making the woodlands for the military in a few years, meaning that they might be hard to come by.

SarDragon

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 28, 2005, 11:58:16 PM[redacted]  I agree that the Blue uniform would look awesome with our ribbons and insignia's however wouldn't we be more noticible to eniemies. Wait is the USAF adopting the blue BDU.
Who do we have to hide from? Our current missions make no requirements in that regard. In fact, our ES mission is degraded in certain instances by our woodland camo uniforms, giving rise to the requirement for ground teams to wear orange vests.

Also, we don't wear ribbons on our BDUs, so that isn't a factor either.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: Pylon on June 29, 2005, 01:29:58 AM

Any CAP member can wear either the Blue BDUs or the Woodland BDUs, right now.  Starting next week, you could wear Blue BDUs to your meeting.

Blue BDUs and the Blue Flight Suit are also the only field uniform options for Senior Members who do not meet the Height/Weight requirements or grooming requirements to wear the Air Force-style uniforms (meaning the woodlands or blues service dress uniform).

In addition to that, regardless of what your squadron wears now, it doesn't matter if the supply of them dries up.  Suppliers won't be making the woodlands for the military in a few years, meaning that they might be hard to come by.

next week ??? what do you mean next week? so they adopted the blue bdu. now i am confused. what does it look like...
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Xeno

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 29, 2005, 04:45:34 PM
Quote from: Pylon on June 29, 2005, 01:29:58 AM

next week ??? what do you mean next week? so they adopted the blue bdu. now i am confused. what does it look like...

Essentially, the blue BDU looks exactly like the camo BDU that you currently wear except that it has no camo pattern, it is a solid blue BDU. What Lt. Kieloch meant was that you could wear the blue BDU if you wished to a meeting and would not be stepping outside the regulations in any way, shape, or form. However, I wouldn't advise worrying about the blue BDU too much as it looks like crap compared to what we normally wear ( the woodland camo BDU). For more information on how to wear uniforms and what types of uniforms we wear, I would suggest you download a copy of CAPM39-1, which can be found here . http://level2.cap.gov/documents/u_082203102943.pdf

I believe you will find it very helpful.
C/1st Lt. Josh Sims
C/CC SWR-AR-095

121.5 -- If you crash, we will dash...