Main Menu

One Choice

Started by WildWeasel, January 27, 2014, 12:27:20 AM

WildWeasel

I've made you National Commander of CAP for the day. But you can make only ONE frivolous uniform change. I'll be nice and let it be as big or small of a change as you want. What is your biggest OCD issue with the uniforms CAPTalk.

Alaric

Make one uniform.  Polos and khakis just like most of the Emergency Service organizations we work with

LSThiker

Redesign of the specialtry track badges.

Eclipse

I would create a Troll badge and award one to you.

"That Others May Zoom"

HGjunkie

Switch out the blue beret for a pink one.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

WildWeasel

Quote from: Eclipse on January 27, 2014, 12:40:46 AM
I would create a Troll badge and award one to you.

Good effort. But I'm not sure it would be a good result to encourage such behavior.

SarDragon

Frivolous, he says. Hmmm...

Mandatory wear for all commanders - orange sash, sword, and plumed hat.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

The CyBorg is destroyed

Return the AF-style uniform to pre-1990s configuration (blue rank slides, metal grade, CAP on collar lapels, blue nameplate for all).
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Alaric on January 27, 2014, 12:34:17 AM
Make one uniform.  Polos and khakis just like most of the Emergency Service organizations we work with

That would assume ES is our only mission.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Alaric

No it implies that the polo and khaki uniform is relatively inexpensive, easy to acquire, wearable by everyone, and does not require constant updating for new ribbons, rank, etch

sarmed1

Quote from: Alaric on January 27, 2014, 12:34:17 AM

I would tweak that a bit.
Only cadets and seniors directly assigned to cadet programs wear AF style.  Everyone else is in polo and blue bdu style pants.  (they can be the same as your field uniform pants)

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

ol'fido

OD Jungle Fatigues, OD Jungle Boots, and OD Fatigue Hat.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Panache

Decree that the AF-blue and G/Ws are being replaced by the "Monster Maroon" uniform from the Star Trek movies.

Rick-DEL

Quote from: CyBorg on January 27, 2014, 01:37:08 AM
Return the AF-style uniform to pre-1990s configuration (blue rank slides, metal grade, CAP on collar lapels, blue nameplate for all).

Works for me...

ColonelJack

Quote from: Alaric on January 27, 2014, 02:40:29 AM
No it implies that the polo and khaki uniform is relatively inexpensive, easy to acquire, wearable by everyone, and does not require constant updating for new ribbons, rank, etch

So ... what I hear you saying is ... we don't need military-style uniforms at all.  Is that right?  Because if so, we wouldn't need to worry about ribbons, rank, etc., since - in this scenario - we wouldn't ever have a need for them.  Do I have that right?

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

UH60guy

Just to stir the pot, but what does it say about us as an organization that the question assumes uniforms are the first thing someone would change as a National Commander for a day, rather than contributing meaningfully to our core missions of Cadet Programs, Aerospace Education, and Emergency Services? Not that I have anything useful to contribute to the thread, but I have to have hope that what we wear would be secondary to what we do.
Maj Ken Ward
VAWG Internal AEO

Eclipse

It doesn't say anything - the OP is a suspended troll.

"That Others May Zoom"

Alaric

Quote from: ColonelJack on January 27, 2014, 01:36:39 PM
Quote from: Alaric on January 27, 2014, 02:40:29 AM

So ... what I hear you saying is ... we don't need military-style uniforms at all.  Is that right?  Because if so, we wouldn't need to worry about ribbons, rank, etc., since - in this scenario - we wouldn't ever have a need for them.  Do I have that right?

Jack

You do.  Don't have to like my opinion, but its my opinion and I'm entitled to it.  I think there is way too much emphasis on rank and ribbons in this organization and way too little on getting the job done.

Alaric

Quote from: UH60guy on January 27, 2014, 01:44:04 PM
Just to stir the pot, but what does it say about us as an organization that the question assumes uniforms are the first thing someone would change as a National Commander for a day, rather than contributing meaningfully to our core missions of Cadet Programs, Aerospace Education, and Emergency Services? Not that I have anything useful to contribute to the thread, but I have to have hope that what we wear would be secondary to what we do.

Agreed

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Alaric on January 27, 2014, 04:51:49 PM
You do.  Don't have to like my opinion, but its my opinion and I'm entitled to it.  I think there is way too much emphasis on rank and ribbons in this organization and way too little on getting the job done.

Which "job?"

We have three Congressionally-mandated missions: AE, ES and CP.  No one is more or less important than the others.

And we have worn uniforms nearly since our inception, from the USAAF "pinks and greens" to the combos of today.

I still think that something loosely modelled on the "Air America" wouldn't be too bad.

It really is not much different to what we already have.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011