What uniform do most seniors wear at your squadron meetings?

Started by RiverAux, October 01, 2012, 03:39:09 AM

What uniform do most seniors wear to regular squadron meetings?

Air Force style uniform (BDU/flight suit/service dress)
CAP style uniform (Blue BDU/Blue flight suit/gray pant & white shirt combo
Civilian "golf shirt" "uniform" (gray pants/blue golf shirt)
Blazer

AngelWings

Quote from: PHall on October 02, 2012, 12:04:50 AM
Quote from: Garibaldi on October 01, 2012, 11:43:35 PM
Quote from: PHall on October 01, 2012, 11:07:39 PM
Quote from: Devil Doc on October 01, 2012, 10:30:45 PM
I know  ;D Was poking at the unfair regs there for a bit.

If RM can do it, why cant I? JK

You may notice RM is no longer among us. You really sure you want to use him as an example? :o

As the Japanese say, "Are?"(sounds like arr-ay). Means "Eh?" or "What?" I think. Even though my mom is Japanese and I grew up around Japanese speakers I still don't speak a dadgum word. Anyway...WHAT? Did he finally go to ground?

Check his status...
I... am surprised.

Most of my seniors wear the polo for uniformity and those directly involved with us follow the cadet UOD.

Devil Doc

Understood, 10-4, Roger-That. Looks like alot of SMs wear the polo combo
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

AngelWings

Quote from: Devil Doc on October 02, 2012, 12:42:22 AM
Understood, 10-4, Roger-That. Looks like alot of SMs wear the polo combo
It depends on the squadron really. This website represents a rather small portion of CAP.

Garibaldi

Quote from: PHall on October 02, 2012, 12:04:50 AM
Quote from: Garibaldi on October 01, 2012, 11:43:35 PM
Quote from: PHall on October 01, 2012, 11:07:39 PM
Quote from: Devil Doc on October 01, 2012, 10:30:45 PM
I know  ;D Was poking at the unfair regs there for a bit.

If RM can do it, why cant I? JK

You may notice RM is no longer among us. You really sure you want to use him as an example? :o

As the Japanese say, "Are?"(sounds like arr-ay). Means "Eh?" or "What?" I think. Even though my mom is Japanese and I grew up around Japanese speakers I still don't speak a dadgum word. Anyway...WHAT? Did he finally go to ground?

Check his status...

Banned, you say...  :o
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Devil Doc

Lets recruit more members dangit. Aint nothing better than a computer chair CAP member ;)
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Garibaldi

Quote from: Devil Doc on October 02, 2012, 12:52:17 AM
Lets recruit more members dangit. Aint nothing better than a computer chair CAP member ;)

We ARE the Swivel Chair Patrol, auxiliary of the United States Chair Force.

Devil Doc

Is there anymore "Forums" about CAP or CGAUX? Is it that people do not like joining these pages and pages of very usefull information?
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Eclipse

There's a couple of others that have a sub-forum about CAP, but they are mostly dead.

These days anything that takes more effort then pushing the "Like" button or saying "Nice!" is more effort then people can muster.

This is a long-form version of the tubes, and we hold people to a standard of decorum and spelling / grammar.  That
tends to fly in the face of short-form services.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Quote from: Eclipse on October 02, 2012, 02:18:53 AM
There's a couple others that have a sub-forum about CAP, but they are mostly dead.

These days anything that takes more effort then pushing the "Like" button or saying "Nice!" is more effort then people can muster.

This is a long-forum version of the tubes, and we hold people to a standard of decorum and spelling / grammar.  That
tends to fly in the face of short-form services.

I find it odd that you mention spelling and grammar, when I find at least three instances of improper usage of same in this post.  >:D

Devil Doc

Well I can tell you my "Grammar" and "Engrish" is not that great. On the other hand, do not let that deter me from this Forum. I have a "Known" learning disability, TBI such an terrible thing. Anywho, this forum is Legit, and im not big on forums.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

Quote from: NIN on October 02, 2012, 02:53:58 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on October 01, 2012, 11:50:37 PM
CAP doesn't have XO's at the unit level, either.

Mine did. :)

BITD you could create whatever titles you wanted to and randomly assign permissions any way you wanted to.
These days units are supposed to stick to prescribed duty titles, and eServices does not allow for custom titles.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on October 02, 2012, 03:01:37 AM
BITD you could create whatever titles you wanted to and randomly assign permissions any way you wanted to.
These days units are supposed to stick to prescribed duty titles, and eServices does not allow for custom titles.

I now hang my head in shame as Bob uses the term "BITD" to describe my most recent tour as a squadron commander.

I am now, truly, "olde"
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Dad2-4

My unit had SMs wearing every variation. The CC was usually in BDUs, occasionally in grey/white combo. I usually wore the same. A couple were almost always in  the polo shirt combo, 2 or 3 in civies, 2-3 others in BDUs. Very difficuly getting consistency in uniform wear among the SMs.

Private Investigator

ironputts

Air Force style uniform. Just came back from Wing commanders call and the UOD was polo shirt. Been in CAP for 21 years and never owned the polo shirt. Is this the future?
Greg Putnam, Lt. Col., CAP

RiverAux

Quote from: Private Investigator on October 03, 2012, 09:46:40 AM
It depends on Cadet, Senior or Composite Squadron.

I'm not sure that the squadron type matters significantly.  If we went with the stereotypes the seniors that work with cadets tend to be a little younger and possibly fitter than most CAP members and therefore more able to wear the AF-style uniform, but I'm not sure that really holds up very well.  I'm also not a big believer in the stereotype that senior squadrons are flying clubs where they don't care about anything but getting in the air and don't want to be bothered with uniforms. 

The only thing that surprises me a little bit about the poll results so far is that the CAP corporate uniforms are doing so poorly.  If we believe that most seniors can't wear AF-style (not an unreasonable assumption) then you would think that the CAP corporate uniform would be the primary alternative.  Instead, what we may be seeing is that if a senior can't wear the AF-style uniform then they just don't want to be bothered buying all the ribbons, rank, etc. for the corporates and just go with the cheapest possible alternative - the golf shirt. 

Thrashed

What I notice and do not like is that everyone is not "uniform". Uniform means everyone wearing the same thing, not everyone wearing something different. UOD (uniform of the day) should mean something.

Save the triangle thingy

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: RiverAux on October 03, 2012, 12:21:26 PM
The only thing that surprises me a little bit about the poll results so far is that the CAP corporate uniforms are doing so poorly.  If we believe that most seniors can't wear AF-style (not an unreasonable assumption) then you would think that the CAP corporate uniform would be the primary alternative.  Instead, what we may be seeing is that if a senior can't wear the AF-style uniform then they just don't want to be bothered buying all the ribbons, rank, etc. for the corporates and just go with the cheapest possible alternative - the golf shirt.

Maybe it's because the aviator combo is so drab and colourless, not to mention that it doesn't have an authorised headgear or service coat (the blazer is NOT a service coat)?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

RiverAux

But the BBDU and Blue flight suit are pretty similar alternatives to the AF style, both versions of which are commonly seen at meetings.