CAPM 39-1 Civil Air Patrol Uniform Manual

Started by MIKE, March 24, 2005, 06:39:52 PM

Major_Chuck

Actually it is a really good idea, especially for presentations at Commanders Calls, SLS, CLS, and so on.  Just find your sharpest folks (cadet and senior).

-CC
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

arajca

I did a uniform class covering what the uniforms consisted of (service, service dress, mess dress, bdu, etc) intermission then how to set up the AF blue shirt and bdu blouse. The point of the how to was to have the cadets actually set up their uniform as we went through the class. The achieve this, I broke the uniform into sections: left shouder/sleeve, left breast, left collar, right collar, right breast, right shoulder/sleeve. Each section had it's own drawing and all the information for that section. I used the same section break down for the bdu blouse - although I have to change it now.

flying Raptor

Even thought its not in the regulations, do you think encampment would let me wear an orange and black camel-bak? I'm a little short on money to buy another one
c/CMSgt. Daniel Rufener
NER-PA-310
Honor Guard Commander
Raven Honor Guard

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.
A clean (and dry) set of BDU's is a magnet for mud and rain.
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid. -Murphy's laws

MIKE

Quote from: flying Raptor on May 08, 2005, 01:09:06 AM
Even thought its not in the regulations, do you think encampment would let me wear an orange and black camel-bak? I'm a little short on money to buy another one

Probably.  I figure most everybody will ignore the new standards.  The average CAP member doesn't care that much about the uniform anyway.  I would probably call you on it though since I know the standards, but if it's all you brought then there isn't really anything that can be done... They could send you home, but thats pretty extreme in this case.

I know of some encampments that did not allow Camelbak type packs for first timers or for everyone.  They required GI 1 quart canteens with covers and LCE belts for uniformity... Or provided suitable water bottles.

GI plastic 1 quart canteen(s), covers(s) and an LCE belt can be had relatively cheaply.  Don't buy the ones at Walmart... They suck.  GI 2 quarts with the cover and shoulder strap are a poor choice for CAP use also IMO, but YMMV.

Hydrate or die!
Mike Johnston

whatevah

answer: "it depends".  mainly on whether or not your encampment allows cadet to bring camelbaks, and if they require a certain color.

if your encampment says to bring standard military 1 quart canteens... if you're on staff, then you *might* be able to get away with it if your encampment does a full-day thing at an obstacle course or something.  But, the rest of the time, for uniformity, you'll have to use what the trainees do.

if your encampment doesn't say anything... then they'll probably provide you with water bottles like my encampment does, you just have to refill a little more often than with a canteen, but it fits into a BDU pocket better.

Basically, if you're going as a trainee, do exactly what it says.  If you're going as staff, ask way before it starts, and ask again once you get there.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin