CAP ID card problem/question

Started by brickman, January 05, 2010, 05:03:52 PM

brickman

i need to know where to get a new id card. the one i have right now has the wrong birthday
C/SSgt  Northeast Nebraska Comp. Squadron

Nick

Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

Capt_Redfox30

Be prepared to wait thought, I received a promotion to Major in September and renewed my membership in October and still haven't received a card.  When I call they say its on the way. 
Kirk Thirtyacre, Lt Col, CAP
(Acting) Group Commander
Group 3 HQ

Eclipse

You need to make sure your records are correct as well - eServices probably has it wrong, which is where the bad card came from.

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

To change your name or DOB, you'll need to call Member Services on the phone.

I had a cadet with wrong info, he got his replacement card in a week.

Cecil DP

The new Membership applications have the information posted as Day Month Year, rather than Month, day, year which has resulted in a lot of confusion with birthdates. I spoke to National about a month ago and they are aware of the problem. Just let them know the correct information and they'll fix it and send a new card.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

brickman

Quote from: Cecil DP on January 05, 2010, 07:19:31 PM
The new Membership applications have the information posted as Day Month Year, rather than Month, day, year which has resulted in a lot of confusion with birthdates. I spoke to National about a month ago and they are aware of the problem. Just let them know the correct information and they'll fix it and send a new card.
Yes that was the problem on mine
C/SSgt  Northeast Nebraska Comp. Squadron

Hoorah

Do you have  to  buy a new id card per new rank?

RogueLeader

I bought the CAP ID Card- the photo cand- once. Never will again until it doen't look like bovine fecal matter, or that it was done by a 1st grader.  Don't worry about it.  Not worth t 4 bucks.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SilverEagle2

What are your complaints? My photo ID looked good.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

Cecil DP

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 05, 2010, 11:03:41 PM
I bought the CAP ID Card- the photo cand- once. Never will again until it doen't look like bovine fecal matter, or that it was done by a 1st grader.  Don't worry about it.  Not worth t 4 bucks.

Since you're the one who provided the picture and your Commander verified it, I'd be talking to the face in the mirror about how the why it looks like bovine fecal matter.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

The picture on the card is only as good as the picture you uploaded to National.

If you uploaded crap, then that's what you'll get.

You can review the picture they have on file for you via e-services. If you don't like it, upload another one.

SarDragon

The overall quality of the first couple of batches of cards was pretty bad. The later ones were much better. This quality issue was totally unrelated to the picture itself.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Hoorah

Al Sayre

Yes, and for Cadets it's a waste of money if you promote on a regular basis.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

davidsinn

Quote from: Al Sayre on January 06, 2010, 12:29:39 PM
Yes, and for Cadets it's a waste of money if you promote on a regular basis.

That is for the photo IDs. The plain membership card is sent free. I don't know if it shows cadet ranks or not. I do know the photo ID does.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

RogueLeader

Quote from: PHall on January 06, 2010, 03:06:50 AM

The picture on the card is only as good as the picture you uploaded to National.

If you uploaded crap, then that's what you'll get.

You can review the picture they have on file for you via e-services. If you don't like it, upload another one.

photo was good, card was bad, I guess they fixed it.  I'm still not wasteing my money on it, as you still need your membership card along with it, IIRC.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 06, 2010, 02:23:25 PM
photo was good, card was bad, I guess they fixed it.  I'm still not wasteing my money on it, as you still need your membership card along with it, IIRC.

Either card is valid alone.

"That Others May Zoom"

Hoorah

When  you  promote can you just use the photo id with old rank or not?

IceNine

Yes, and that was mentioned above.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4