Main Menu

Member Transfer Problems

Started by Spike, October 10, 2009, 03:36:53 PM

RiverAux

I would have hoped that NHQ would have better documentation behind such actions so that there is something on record beyond the check boxes on the forms. You shouldn't have had to go to such lengths to find out what the problem was.

Spike

Agreed! 

Member Services needed two days to get back to me, they are somewhat busy, plus the 4 day holiday for Columbus Day did not help.

I just can not believe this "cadet" sat across from me and lied to my face when I asked "are there any issues I need to be aware of". 

Flags should come up with reasons behind them in E-Services.  Even establishing a code system so that if a code like "A1" came up it would be helpful to me as a Commander so I can quickly reference a code sheet.  Then I would know I need to call the previous unit commander to ask why she "flagged" said cadet for insubordination and failure to return property.

That's OK.  Learning experience for me!  I will now ask for unit Commanders contact info from anyone wishing to transfer in.  I will tell them they will have my answer after I talk to their Commander. 

LtCol057

I think contacting a previous commander is something all of us should be doing.   I know I've had a couple of people transfer out because of jobs, and I sent a letter to the gaining cc along with the personnel files.  So far, I haven't had anyone contact me asking info. 

Eclipse

I wouldn't consider accepting a transfer without discussing it with the previous commander, and for a cadet his parents as well.

"That Others May Zoom"