Checklist for your new members?

Started by BuckeyeDEJ, January 15, 2009, 01:47:20 AM

BuckeyeDEJ

I want to put together a checklist for new cadet and senior members, something that will guide them along as they acclimate to membership in CAP.

Any of you have one that you use? Is there one somewhere in regs that I've overlooked?

I see this as a companion to a checklist I'm putting together for prospective members as they apply for membership.

Any and all charitable contributions are greatly appreciated.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

BuckeyeDEJ

You mean the CD I've never seen? LOL!

(member since 1984, long before the CD's invention. Or the Internet -- thanks, Al Gore!)

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

EMT-83

Look under Best Practices on eServices; there's some good info there.

I give all new seniors a binder which includes a welcome letter, org chart, Great Start, and Level One material. Our DCC is currently working on something for cadets, with a sections written for cadets and parents.

SarDragon

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on January 15, 2009, 02:32:11 AM

(member since 1984, long before the CD's invention. Or the Internet -- thanks, Al Gore!)

No, the Great Start Booklet for Adults, available via online Form 8. It's useful for recruiting, and all the way through the first year once a member.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

stratoflyer

So how do I get that great start booklet for adults?
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

WT

Under "Forms and Publications", "CAP PAMPHLETS", it is CAPPP7 (CAP Pamphlet P7).

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: SarDragon on January 15, 2009, 08:09:18 AM
Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on January 15, 2009, 02:32:11 AM
No, the Great Start Booklet for Adults, available via online Form 8. It's useful for recruiting, and all the way through the first year once a member.

AHA! THAT book. Got it. Thanks. Seems like my idea is redundant, after looking at the checklists, so I'll just ensure they get the book.