CAPNHQ.GOV access issues?

Started by Spam, November 02, 2016, 02:44:40 PM

Spam

Has any one else seen this message when trying to access eServices? I'm speculating that this could be due to a security push issue (on my end) - I've verified that I do have the below recommended settings, and still no joy.

V/r
Spam

Attempted to access 1040EST 2NOV16:

"This page can't be displayed
Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://www.capnhq.gov  again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator".

DakRadz

capmembers.com has a "eServices down for maintenance from 0800-1100 eastern" graphic.

That graphic is a hotlink to an announcement that, I assume, is more detailed.

I assume, because the hotlink leads to the capnhq.gov site.  :clap: :clap: :clap: ;D

RogueLeader

They put a notice on the RSS feed saying that E-Services will be down for maintenance, and that they were sorry for the short notice, despite that it was planned.

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Spam

Eclipse

Probably adding another hamster...

Q: How can you tell it's Tuesday evening?   

A: eServices is slow.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Of course E-Services is down when, hopefully, my silver oak leaves promotion is going through the system. <crosses fingers>
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

arajca

Or did it go down because your promotion hit the system.  >:D

RogueLeader

Quote from: arajca on November 02, 2016, 03:47:27 PM
Or did it go down because your promotion hit the system.  >:D

I guess that's what being RougeLeader will do to anything when anything about me hits the (system) fan.   :'( :'( :'(

;) 8)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

The login portal is back up, but not wanting to let me back in yet.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DakRadz

It was actually Central Standard Time, but either my work Internet or the site here stopped allowing me to load CT. I tried to edit. Mea culpa.

1st Lt Raduenz

Eclipse

Unexpected error...vs. the scheduled, anticipated errors one normally gets?

Personally I'm hoping they upgrade from the "Fail Ladybug" to a "Fail Homer".

"That Others May Zoom"

DakRadz

ALERT ALERT ALERT

ALCON STANDBY FOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

ALERT ALERT ALERT

eSERVICES IS DOWN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

THIS CONCLUDES THE ANNOUNCEMENT

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jeders

Well eServices is working again, but WMIRS is still inaccessible 3+ hours after the maintenance was supposed to be completed.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

Quote from: jeders on November 02, 2016, 07:19:21 PM
Well eServices is working again, but WMIRS is still inaccessible 3+ hours after the maintenance was supposed to be completed.

FTFY - 2 promos just now failed hard.

"That Others May Zoom"

DakRadz

I tried a few of the new features- some are fantastic, others will be fantastic once they work.

Member reports of any selection, PDF or Word, are not working for me. Tried at least 5, some get further than others. Really cool new options, or else I never knew we could run so many types of reports.

RogueLeader

Quote from: DakRadz on November 02, 2016, 08:25:17 PM
I tried a few of the new features- some are fantastic, others will be fantastic once they work.

Member reports of any selection, PDF or Word, are not working for me. Tried at least 5, some get further than others. Really cool new options, or else I never knew we could run so many types of reports.

What are some of the new features you see?  All I get are the same ones as before.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DakRadz

Maybe I should get on eServices more often. Been a month or two since I earnestly explored.

The little trophy top right that shows your own personal quals and such.
The member reports search seems much more streamlined and with tons of options I have not previously seen (include 90 day past members, local unit only, all types of categories)

These could be not brand new. Or maybe I missed them? I thought I scoured eServices a few months back, though.

1st Lt Raduenz

RogueLeader

Gotcha.  I almost live on E-Services, so I'm used to seeing all of that.  I just wasn't sure if they added even more.  Thanks for helping a guy out.  8)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jeders

Quote from: DakRadz on November 02, 2016, 09:07:52 PM
The little trophy top right that shows your own personal quals and such.

I'm pretty sure that's been there ever since eServices 2.0 came out. I've used it several times.

The member reports search seems much more streamlined and with tons of options I have not previously seen (include 90 day past members, local unit only, all types of categories)

Again, I'm pretty sure those options have been there for a while, though I could be wrong on that one. I know options like that have existed in OpsQuals for a very long time now.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse