Main Menu

Imposter problem

Started by spiker84, February 02, 2012, 12:46:15 AM

spiker84

HI everyone, I appoliogize if this is in the wrong place, but it seemed the most relevant. Anyways, I have a major problem with a kid at school, I told him about CAP to try to recruit him because he wants to be para-rescue. A few weeks later, I asked him if he had followed through with it and he said yes, and that he had already been promoted to Sergeant...first red flag, it had only been about 3 weeks. since then, everything that has come out of his mouth is a lie about CAP, every time I question him about an event (to further prove my point) he just goes like "uhhhhhh....i dont know" the squadron he claims doesnt exist, he doesnt even know what a CAPID is, he claimed he was with CAP at a rave doing undercover drug busts, he claimed he was rolling around the local base as patrol on a .50 cal mounted on a humvee.... I need to make this stop, not only is it infuriating to know people fake stuff like this, I feel what he says can threaten the organization. what do I say/do?

RogueLeader

Let the tool be a tool. I know its tough, but just let it go. You won't change his mind.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

coudano

he is jerking your chain
you are falling for it

NCRblues

It sounds like you are being amateur trolled. ;D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: NCRblues on February 02, 2012, 12:57:56 AM
It sounds like you are being amateur trolled. ;D
I was just about to post a link to trolls.  >:D

Ignore him, he will go away
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

a2capt

spiker84

lol thanks guys, i will try my best to ignore it.
P.S. trololo guy is his idol, no joke

Persona non grata

FIRST OFF!!!!!!!!!!!! He needs to follow OPSEC.  SECOND  Now our cover is blown.  I have been trying to build a case at the rave for six months now. 

Thanks

LJ Gibbs, Special Agent

CAPCIS
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

sandman

Quote from: eaker.cadet on February 02, 2012, 01:24:36 AM
FIRST OFF!!!!!!!!!!!! He needs to follow OPSEC.  SECOND  Now our cover is blown.  I have been trying to build a case at the rave for six months now. 

Thanks

LJ Gibbs, Special Agent

CAPCIS

Acknowledging the black vans only serves to breech OPSEC.
I am here to say "I cannot confirm or deny" such a program exists within this "three letter agency",...er...actually, I deny that such a thing exists.
and we are already tracking the kid....
Thanks

Agent D.

CAP -- The other three letter agency
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command

NCRblues

Yes, im from the No. Such. Agency., we have had our eye on this "C.A.P" you speak of for some time now....and we have ways of making you talk....  >:D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Extremepredjudice

Crazy agency people? Creepy armored pie?
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Persona non grata

Tell the kid you are with Citzens Against Posers

titanII

Quote from: RogueLeader on February 02, 2012, 12:50:19 AM
Let the tool be a tool
+1. There's a kid at school that used to salute me every time he saw me (sarcastically). At first I tried to tell him why he shouldn't he doing that... and he kept doing it. Then I just let it go, didn't respond, and now he's stopped the Bravo Sierra.
No longer active on CAP talk

lordmonar

Nothing to see you.

Now if you will all please look over here......I'm about to adminster the last test....an eye test.....[FLASH]
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

This reminds me of when I was a kid and was a Boy Scout.  I made it to Life Scout, but I ran across another kid who claimed to be a Scout.  I asked him what rank he'd achieved and he said "Eagle Badge" (sic).

Even at 11 years old my Bravo Sierra detector was pretty good.

So I asked him what merit badges and skill awards (back in my day they were like "merit badges lite" and were metal slides that went on your belt) he'd earned and he said "all of them."

I thought, "this is gonna be fun."  >:D  I could be a rotten little so-and-so back in those days (if my dad were still living, he could give plenty of supporting evidence).

So I pressed this kid on the Scout Law, all the Scout ranks in order...I asked him if he had "Bowling," "Rodeo," and other fictitious merit badges, how long he'd had his Totin' Chip card...

Eventually the kid told me I asked too many questions and left.

My wife says I have the perfect poker face but it was hard not to bust a gut laughing at some of this guy's answers.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Persona non grata

I alwats come across some BS er at a CAP activity.  Whent hey ask me what I do I just tell them that I am court ordered  comunity service  and my probation offcier thought CAP would be a good fit. 

Spaceman3750

Quote from: eaker.cadet on February 02, 2012, 06:40:59 PM
I alwats come across some BS er at a CAP activity.  Whent hey ask me what I do I just tell them that I am court ordered  comunity service  and my probation offcier thought CAP would be a good fit.

I hope you're joking (here)...

Persona non grata

Nathan

You should tell him that, as an undercover CAP member with a mission to weed out potential spies in our organization, you have informed "the company" of his claims, and that CAP Special Forces will be coming to interview him in a few days. When he sees the black van roll up to his front door, he should move slowly and keep his hands visible. Until then, he should not leave the state and avoid talking to unfamiliar people.

Fire with fire, dude.  >:D
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Eclipse

HEY!  Where've you been?

You and I haven't vehemently disagreed for months!

"That Others May Zoom"

Brad

Ignore him, educate him, have a bit of fun with him, whatever. People whho get any sort of interest in CAP from this faker will quickly find the true information through independent research.

Just be glad you don't have to put up with what the Masons go through! We get so much towards the global conspiracy it's insane!! Plus the groups that say they are Masons when they are just a bunch of fakers doesn't help any either.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

titanII

Quote from: Brad on March 22, 2012, 10:12:51 PM
Just be glad you don't have to put up with what the Masons go through! We get so much towards the global conspiracy it's insane!! Plus the groups that say they are Masons when they are just a bunch of fakers doesn't help any either.
What DO the Masons do, for that matter?

Brad

Quote from: titanII on March 22, 2012, 10:58:31 PM
Quote from: Brad on March 22, 2012, 10:12:51 PM
What DO the Masons do, for that matter?

It's a fraternity, we have meetings, same as squadrons have meetings to conduct their business. There's also a bunch of philanthropic work such as the Shriners Hospitals, the Scottish Rite Eye Centers, etc. that Freemasonry started. And in a more abstract sense it "makes good men better". I don't feel like thread hijacking, so PM me if you want and I'll explain what I can, also check out www.masonicinfo.com
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

titanII

Quote from: Brad on March 23, 2012, 01:24:38 AM
It's a fraternity, we have meetings, same as squadrons have meetings to conduct their business. There's also a bunch of philanthropic work such as the Shriners Hospitals, the Scottish Rite Eye Centers, etc. that Freemasonry started. And in a more abstract sense it "makes good men better". I don't feel like thread hijacking, so PM me if you want and I'll explain what I can, also check out www.masonicinfo.com
Interesting. Thank you, Sir.

Major Lord

And they have bar fights with the Knights of Columbus....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

a2capt

Masonry vs. Swords. Great.

MSG Mac

Quote from: a2capt on March 24, 2012, 12:29:42 AM

I believe Masons have pigstickers too.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Spaceman3750

Quote from: a2capt on March 24, 2012, 12:29:42 AM

Bringing a knife to a... Brick fight?

manfredvonrichthofen

You do know a lot of myhology surrounding the Masons is that it comes from the Knights Templar... Still sounds to me that the Masons would own the field that night... >:D

Brad

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on March 24, 2012, 03:18:46 AM
You do know a lot of myhology surrounding the Masons is that it comes from the Knights Templar... Still sounds to me that the Masons would own the field that night... >:D

Actually there's an appendant Masonry degree series called the York Rite. Contrast this with the Scottish Rite and their "33rd Degree". Is the 33rd Degree "higher" than a regular Mason? No. The highest degree you can get as a Mason is the 3rd degree. The Scottish Rite and York Rite are ways to continue your Masonic education. Think of it as "Freemason college". The 33rd degree Scottish Rite Mason is no more a Freemason than you are. Sure, he has undergone degrees within the Scottish Rite that you haven't, but he isn't "over" you.

Anyway, back to York Rite. Within York Rite towards the end you can petition to become a member of the Knights Templar. It uses a lot of references to the Knights Templar of old. As to what specifically....well that I can't tell you. But there has yet to be proven a link between the Knights Templar of today and the Knights Templar of old.

Just know that every Shriner, Scottish Rite member, and Knight Templar, at first (and still has to continue be current on dues) was a Freemason.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

BuckeyeDEJ

And grocers who join Masonry become part of the Shop-Rite.

(that was too easy)

http://www.shoprite.com/

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

CadetProgramGuy

**Smacks head against wall**

a2capt

CadetProgramGuy

The only wall remaining of KST